1040 sqft and 10 hrs later...

Guest scottydosnntkno
I think I over did it on this one. When I got home my right shoulder and back were killing me!!! My right shoulder is still feeling sore as hell. I had another small residential job scheduled for today, thank God, the guy called and asked to reschedule another day. I snapped a few picks before it got dark. JWF DN-20...whole building...many offices..108 inch tall windows....can you say up and down...up and down...

Nice looking job! did ya try talking them into changing out the spandrel so it matches :D

What is spandrel??? :dunno

I think that glass piece inbetween the floors? :D

Yes you are correct SCOTTY

:hmmm

Guest scottydosnntkno
I think that glass piece inbetween the floors? :spit

You THINK? :dunno Aren't You a Architect Major? :hmmm

I've never heard that term before :spit that would be more a glass designer or manufacturer? Generally for window design we've only learned so far to just draw it how you want it. I'm only second year, so we haven't learned all the ins and outs yet :dunno

I like your van, but whats with all the :spit azz ladders on it? :dunno Sweet job though...cha ching!!

You dont know how many times I use my 14ft a-frame (walk up both sides). Someday, I will invest in a LG skyscraper, but for now I will use my trusted 14ft a-frame. The skyscraper expands out pretty far on the floor, I think, so that wouldnt work on some jobs....

Guest pmuzik
I think that glass piece inbetween the floors? :rollin

You THINK? :) Aren't You a Architect Major? :rollin

I've never heard that term before :lol2 that would be more a glass designer or manufacturer? Generally for window design we've only learned so far to just draw it how you want it. I'm only second year, so we haven't learned all the ins and outs yet :dunno

:rollin Expand your knowledge Grasshopper and impress your professor

Spandrel Glass

I. What is Spandrel Glass? Spandrel glass is made by coating a vision glass with an opaque coating. This prevents people from looking through the glass and seeing structural features inside the building. Spandrel glass is most often used in curtain wall construction where the glass and the aluminum framing on a multi-story building passes on the exterior side of the floor slabs. A typical high-rise building will have a top-of-slab to top-of-slab distance of about 12 feet, but the slab-to-ceiling height is usually 8 feet. The 4 feet above the suspended ceiling contains the “spandrel beams” (the beams that hold up the floor slabs), electrical wiring, plumbing, mechanical ducts (heating and air conditioning) and fire suppression systems. Since most of these items are rather ugly, spandrel glass is used to hide them from public view.

Spandrel glass is NOT intended for use in a “vision glass” area. If you look at spandrel glass from the interior of a building looking out toward daylight, you will see pinholes and variations in the density of the coating. This is a normal condition for this product and is not considered a defect. Spandrel glass is not intended nor recommended for use as a wall cladding material when it can be viewed from a short distance. If spandrel glass is being used in a “vision” area, it must be backed up with an opaque building material such as gypsum board, paneling, hardboard, metal panels or some similar opaque building material

Guest scottydosnntkno
I think that glass piece inbetween the floors? :hmmm

You THINK? :hmmm Aren't You a Architect Major? :hmmm

I've never heard that term before :thumb that would be more a glass designer or manufacturer? Generally for window design we've only learned so far to just draw it how you want it. I'm only second year, so we haven't learned all the ins and outs yet :hmmm

:bingo Expand your knowledge Grasshopper and impress your professor

Spandrel Glass

I. What is Spandrel Glass? Spandrel glass is made by coating a vision glass with an opaque coating. This prevents people from looking through the glass and seeing structural features inside the building. Spandrel glass is most often used in curtain wall construction where the glass and the aluminum framing on a multi-story building passes on the exterior side of the floor slabs. A typical high-rise building will have a top-of-slab to top-of-slab distance of about 12 feet, but the slab-to-ceiling height is usually 8 feet. The 4 feet above the suspended ceiling contains the “spandrel beams” (the beams that hold up the floor slabs), electrical wiring, plumbing, mechanical ducts (heating and air conditioning) and fire suppression systems. Since most of these items are rather ugly, spandrel glass is used to hide them from public view.

Spandrel glass is NOT intended for use in a “vision glass” area. If you look at spandrel glass from the interior of a building looking out toward daylight, you will see pinholes and variations in the density of the coating. This is a normal condition for this product and is not considered a defect. Spandrel glass is not intended nor recommended for use as a wall cladding material when it can be viewed from a short distance. If spandrel glass is being used in a “vision” area, it must be backed up with an opaque building material such as gypsum board, paneling, hardboard, metal panels or some similar opaque building material

so from the sounds of the "coating", if its not tint, its kind of just painted on?

Archived