2 side quarters tinted -- can see quite thick pen mark around edges -

Guest bbsb1970

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You are asking questions that only the shop you are going to can answer..

Everybody tints differenty

Everybody tints at different rates of speed

So the only logical person that can answer your questions is the installing shop...

or do you want to be anygy with them ??? If they did (in your opinion) a nice job on the other windows.. they should have the ability to do a nice job on your quarters :lol

Take it back to the shop and ask them.... They'll probably take care of it for ya.. beer.gif

Thanks for the reply. I just hate having to ask somebody (who is a pro) to correct work. I really thought the work would be faultless. How long, on average, will the quarters' removal take for him to do? -- that's 2 quarters total. What's that process involve, and how long, on average, will it take him to put new film in there on the quarters?

Btw, I had LLumar Dark Titanium tint 15% put in for the sides and back.

You've never made a mistake at your job ??? :lol

Hey folks,

Had 2 rear sides (with quarters) and back screen tinted earlier today. The back's good, as well as the sides. But I'm not 100% happy with the quarters. I can see pen marks around each quarter (so that's 2 quarters I'm not happy with). I wasn't expecting that. Are such pen marking normal? I thought that sides are merely cut, with no pen markings. Do pros use pen markings? How should I deal with this? Please let me know how I should approach this. The tint dude was professional and courteous. I'm just a perfectionist. Cost me 220 euros. (Here in Finland.)

220 euros . Isnt that like $400 US . Is that the regular price or a high end shop for that area ?

Guest scottydosnntkno
Ok, I think I'll ask them re-do those sides (what's perfect/not perfect is so subjective), but anybody know if this will be a lengthy job? (Because of removing tint, then re-cleaning the quarters, and then applying new tint to those quarters.) Need to know because I'm guessing now this corrective work will have to be done after I come back from vacation with the car - perhaps the tint dude won't have time before I leave next Monday.

to strip and retint the quarters should be like 30 minutes, tops.

as for the pen marks, is it to cover the very slight light gaps that would otherwise be on the inside? On some vehicles, especially the quarters the way the glass and seals are, if you didn't use an opaquer you would have a very slight light gap otherwise, which the black pen covers. If it really bothers you that much looking from the inside, then take it back. But really, who looks at their quarter glass, especially from the inside? :beer

Ok, I think I'll ask them re-do those sides (what's perfect/not perfect is so subjective), but anybody know if this will be a lengthy job? (Because of removing tint, then re-cleaning the quarters, and then applying new tint to those quarters.) Need to know because I'm guessing now this corrective work will have to be done after I come back from vacation with the car - perhaps the tint dude won't have time before I leave next Monday.

to strip and retint the quarters should be like 30 minutes, tops.

as for the pen marks, is it to cover the very slight light gaps that would otherwise be on the inside? On some vehicles, especially the quarters the way the glass and seals are, if you didn't use an opaquer you would have a very slight light gap otherwise, which the black pen covers. If it really bothers you that much looking from the inside, then take it back. But really, who looks at their quarter glass, especially from the inside? :beer

I'd like to see a picture. I am wondering what exactly it is as well.

Guest mcpcola
Hey folks,

Had 2 rear sides (with quarters) and back screen tinted earlier today. The back's good, as well as the sides. But I'm not 100% happy with the quarters. I can see pen marks around each quarter (so that's 2 quarters I'm not happy with). I wasn't expecting that. Are such pen marking normal? I thought that sides are merely cut, with no pen markings. Do pros use pen markings? How should I deal with this? Please let me know how I should approach this. The tint dude was professional and courteous. I'm just a perfectionist. Cost me 220 euros. (Here in Finland.)

220 euros . Isnt that like $400 US . Is that the regular price or a high end shop for that area ?

Its 308.41 US Dollars

if its covering a light gap my opinion is that it needs to be redone. qtrs can be cut to fit with gaps that don't show light.

Word.... :spit I had an opaquer for about 5 minutes once. Looks like AZZ when its applied. Threw it in the trash. :inot

Guest scottydosnntkno
if its covering a light gap my opinion is that it needs to be redone. qtrs can be cut to fit with gaps that don't show light.

Word.... :inot I had an opaquer for about 5 minutes once. Looks like AZZ when its applied. Threw it in the trash. :spit

if you know how to use it correctly you can't tell unless you know. I don't use a "film opaquer" per se, I use a flat black fine line enamel paint pen from a craft store. Much "thicker" I guess you could say coverage, so its just black, no light spots.

Just like any tool, there is a time and a place for it.

Word.... :inot I had an opaquer for about 5 minutes once. Looks like AZZ when its applied. Threw it in the trash. :spit

if you know how to use it correctly you can't tell unless you know. I don't use a "film opaquer" per se, I use a flat black fine line enamel paint pen from a craft store. Much "thicker" I guess you could say coverage, so its just black, no light spots.

Just like any tool, there is a time and a place for it.

justify it any way you want, you're still trying to cover up a miscut.

Archived