Relay Calls

I received a call yesterday from a relay service (TTY). If you have ever had one of these calls you know it takes forever. Well, after going back and forth with the operator in between us for about 25 minutes, the caller relays to me he would like to have his two cars tinted but he will have to tow his cars into the shop. If I could only run his credit card for $10,000 and then western union some money over to the tow company....... AAAGGGHHHH. I have had these kind of scams in emails before, but never TTY! If I get my hands on these bloody bastards......... :bogabut:

Guest losdawg

HA! I just got one of these calls today. 1 Escalade and 4 Accords. They wanted red tint on them. I gave them an off the wall quote. The "person" said that that was fine and they were gonna be towed to my shop and could they pay with credit card over the phone. I said the person must be present to pay with a card. Then they tell me that they cant come out because they are in a wheelchair. I said thats fine, my shop is handicap accesable. I new something was funny when they first called. I have been on many relay calls and this one didnt sound right. Eff em! :bogabut:

I dont have caller ID but if one of you guys do and you get a number you should report it to the police. It a scam and its againt the law.

Good luck!

Guest scottydosnntkno
HA! I just got one of these calls today. 1 Escalade and 4 Accords. They wanted red tint on them. I gave them an off the wall quote. The "person" said that that was fine and they were gonna be towed to my shop and could they pay with credit card over the phone. I said the person must be present to pay with a card. Then they tell me that they cant come out because they are in a wheelchair. I said thats fine, my shop is handicap accesable. I new something was funny when they first called. I have been on many relay calls and this one didnt sound right. Eff em! :ninja

I dont have caller ID but if one of you guys do and you get a number you should report it to the police. It a scam and its againt the law.

Good luck!

if I ever got a relay call, I would hang up on them. Its not worth 30 minutes of my time for a possible sale, that is most likely a scam.

Guest losdawg

I have had a few customers that are deaf. We usually end up using text messages instead of the relay call. I guess in the "perfect" world everyone can talk. :cool:ninja

HA! I just got one of these calls today. 1 Escalade and 4 Accords. They wanted red tint on them. I gave them an off the wall quote. The "person" said that that was fine and they were gonna be towed to my shop and could they pay with credit card over the phone. I said the person must be present to pay with a card. Then they tell me that they cant come out because they are in a wheelchair. I said thats fine, my shop is handicap accesable. I new something was funny when they first called. I have been on many relay calls and this one didnt sound right. Eff em! :bingo

Good luck!

if I ever got a relay call, I would hang up on them. Its not worth 30 minutes of my time for a possible sale, that is most likely a scam.

I have gotten relay calls before that were completely legitimate. Hang up on them if you want, that way I will get the money!

The call I got was from 1 (866) 394-4493, which is the TTY #. I called it back and it said that the call I received was from a TTY customer but their number was blocked or not available.

Sometimes its hard to tell a scam call from a legit one right away, there are some weird people out there!

Guest scottydosnntkno
HA! I just got one of these calls today. 1 Escalade and 4 Accords. They wanted red tint on them. I gave them an off the wall quote. The "person" said that that was fine and they were gonna be towed to my shop and could they pay with credit card over the phone. I said the person must be present to pay with a card. Then they tell me that they cant come out because they are in a wheelchair. I said thats fine, my shop is handicap accesable. I new something was funny when they first called. I have been on many relay calls and this one didnt sound right. Eff em! :beer

Good luck!

I have gotten relay calls before that were completely legitimate. Hang up on them if you want, that way I will get the money!

The call I got was from 1 (866) 394-4493, which is the TTY #. I called it back and it said that the call I received was from a TTY customer but their number was blocked or not available.

Sometimes its hard to tell a scam call from a legit one right away, there are some weird people out there!

Ive never had one :ninja

I received a call yesterday from a relay service (TTY). If you have ever had one of these calls you know it takes forever. Well, after going back and forth with the operator in between us for about 25 minutes, the caller relays to me he would like to have his two cars tinted but he will have to tow his cars into the shop. If I could only run his credit card for $10,000 and then western union some money over to the tow company....... AAAGGGHHHH. I have had these kind of scams in emails before, but never TTY! If I get my hands on these bloody bastards......... :err

We had this exact same call a week ago. I couldn't beleive it, what a waste of time, we just hung up.

HA! I just got one of these calls today. 1 Escalade and 4 Accords. They wanted red tint on them. I gave them an off the wall quote. The "person" said that that was fine and they were gonna be towed to my shop and could they pay with credit card over the phone. I said the person must be present to pay with a card. Then they tell me that they cant come out because they are in a wheelchair. I said thats fine, my shop is handicap accesable. I new something was funny when they first called. I have been on many relay calls and this one didnt sound right. Eff em! :lol2

Good luck!

they must have came across more cadys :lol I just spent a hour for 4 accords and 3 Escalades and tried to get as much info as passable (they wanted me to wire 500 bucks for the towing company to bring um) to report to the police. Relay operator did not want to hear about it and I thought they might have been in on it. Police are on the way to take a report. guess I will see it anything happens. :lol I hung up like 3 times and they kept calling back :lol

Stan

Archived