CHP Tint ticket mailed to me.

Guest Jli801

Guest Jli801

Hi all, recently was pulled for moving violation. Signed the citation for the speeding given

to me by chp officer. Was let go after signing, without anything else mentioned. Day after

I get a tint ticket in the mail and a courtesy notice without my signature from same officer

that pulled me for speeding.

I was told this will not hold in court, without the defendants signature on the ticket. And without

the cop mentioning anything regarding the tints or measuring it.

What do you all think?

Thanks!

Hi all, recently was pulled for moving violation. Signed the citation for the speeding given

to me by chp officer. Was let go after signing, without anything else mentioned. Day after

I get a tint ticket in the mail and a courtesy notice without my signature from same officer

that pulled me for speeding.

I was told this will not hold in court, without the defendants signature on the ticket. And without

the cop mentioning anything regarding the tints or measuring it.

What do you all think?

Thanks!

I would imagine the window would have to be metered for anything to hold up, but I have a hard time believing you received a random ticket in the mail.

Guest Jli801

No he pulled me over for speeding but without mentioning anything about the tints I signed or the speedig ticket as he requested. He then let me go, but he mailed me a tint ticket through the court with a courtesy notice. Not sure but 25$ fix it and 168 bail.

Guest Jli801

The ticket came next day with owners responsibility written in the sig box on the ticket. It is issued by same officer that pulled me for speeding.

I don't know about Cali but in Florida that shiot wouldn't fly. They HAVE to meter it for them to give you a ticket. I have been pulled over before and the cop told me if he had a meter he would give me a ticket but since he didn't then it would be !llegal for him to do so. So I think this is a complete bs ticket. I would go to court. If your windows are indeed !llegal, I would maybe strip it when you go to court or don't drive the car just in case they do want to go meter it. That has happened to me as well.

That is like a cop pulling you over and saying that you looked like you were speeding but I don't have a radar gun. Don't matter here is a ticket. No friggen way that will hold up

Archived