What is your best technique for framless/round edged glass??

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest acetinter

Fileing works great but I dont like waiting for the film to dry. If the glass isnt too grainy or rough I just line up as much of it as I can to get the edges as tight as posible and over lap the rest. then I just use a sharp olfa to shave the rest. shaved look every time, I like too do this on rollups to if the pattern doesnt come out just right. learned this from a real old timer

Guest acetinter

sorry Im an Idiot, didnt realize Im in res/com. but for butted glass and whatnot I try to get at least one factory side per pane and then use the same shaveing tecnique with an olfa. I dont see why you need one of those hobbie knives. Its all in the angle. up and away from the surface of the glass. so when you are sliding your knife the handle is ahead of the blade and the blade is in at a 45 degree angle. this will keep it from cutting in to the film

Over the years I'v learned how to use my Olfa.....and cut film at different angles. I also like to file.

My favorite thing is toe-nail clippers...you know the big clippers....for your toes..... :hmmm .......but you gotta be good to use em....... :dunno

:beer

Archived