Swamp cooler

Guest tint51

Swamp coolers only drop the air temp by maybe 10 degreese and make it really humid. Plus they dont work well if its already humid. and they start to leak water all over the place after a while.

On another note... I would think a swamp cooler would cause problems in a shop applying film. They are gigantic fans and blow stuff around like crazy. I guess it would depend on how they are positioned.

Guest tintgod
ok I thought I could figure it out. exactly what is a swamp cooler?

its like a big fan that mists water into the air, and when the water evaporates it cools the air

wrong.. :lol

is it somthing like the porta-cool thing?

kind of, except swamp coolers blow mist out into the fan..

A porta-cool, is more like a radiator with a big fan behind it and it doesn't blow out any mist, usually they circulate the water through the coils from a reservoir tank...

the swamp coolers that I had and have seen don't "mist" water. They have a membrane that the water goes through like a home humidifier has.....

Having a drain off from the water and fresh water coming in helps with the cooling. If the water is just there in the tank it will not keep as cool....

Guest tint51
the swamp coolers that I had and have seen don't "mist" water. They have a membrane that the water goes through like a home humidifier has.....

Having a drain off from the water and fresh water coming in helps with the cooling. If the water is just there in the tank it will not keep as cool....

Yes, thats why you need to add Ice..

Archived