school bus

I have to bid a new school bus...any thing to look for...itis an international....

I havent seen this particular buss but the ones I have looked at have a rubber gasket around the glass and it curves around in the corners.....

any advise to make a close cut so not to leave a light gap and still come out with a clean job that punk kids wont pick at the edges and corners

I did one a long time ago. It was a converted party bus for a local bar. Did 5% on the bus part, but not the driver side window b/c I was unsure on the law. I took about 5-6 hours, maybe more. I had the same problem with the gasket being rounded at the corners, but I trimmed all the gaskets to make a "V" in them, and got away with minimal gaps every now and again. Charge a fortune for it. I didnt charge enough. Its like 100+ windows.

check for slimy gooy gaskets on the edges. Did one years ago came out real dirty . Kept sucking up dirt.

that what im worried about.....its a brand new buss not ever in service....but I know about contamination.....I was wondering if I can just cut the whole inside gasket all the way around...set the top and trim the sides and bottom....

check for slimy gooy gaskets on the edges. Did one years ago came out real dirty . Kept sucking up dirt.

that what im worried about.....its a brand new buss not ever in service....but I know about contamination.....I was wondering if I can just cut the whole inside gasket all the way around...set the top and trim the sides and bottom....

You could cut the gasket flush with the frame and prob not have any issues, but the gasket is there for a reason...

Guest scottydosnntkno

You could cut the gasket flush with the frame and prob not have any issues, but the gasket is there for a reason...

:shoot1 plus trimming 80+ gaskets would take FOREVER, and you wouldn't be able to charge enough. I charge them like FG windows and charge a premium price per sq/ft for them to make it worth the time. Their really easy, just take forever

Guest thatsnappyguy

go around and flush cut all the gaskets at one time...about 10- 15 minutes. its not that time consuming. if you know someone that has a plotter, run the film through it and get all the sides like that, or just take your time like normal and hand cut it. you will spend your entire day doing it, so make sure you charge what you would normally make on a busy day, plus double the price in film cost... pm me and I ll tell you what I charge. one flat rate, whole bus or not. it they dont want it, oh well, if they do, the price is worth it.

I did a school bus. Cut the film to close sized pieces right there and had them in a box. It took me about 3 hours total and lets say that I made about $10 per square foot on that job....time wise it was some nice money though...

I've done a couple... I'd recommend using a paper cutter (with the arm thingy) to pre-cut your film to within 1/8".. then go to town.

as all the others have noted, it'll take you all day. charge at least what you'd make in a busy day plus a premium of like 25% additional and you'll make out ok money-wise.

you could trim back the gaskets, but not necessary. if u gotta helper, have them go ahead of you and scrape/doodlebug each window and it'll make the job go waaay quicker LOL

hope this helps :whisper

Archived