2009 Honda Accord 4dr

Guest Alcala

Never tinted any honda before! Gonna try one tomorrow for my buddy as practice. You guys got any tips to make it easier on me?

Fronts, Rear, Qtrs, back glass? thanks

Never tinted any honda before! Gonna try one tomorrow for my buddy as practice. You guys got any tips to make it easier on me?

Fronts, Rear, Qtrs, back glass? thanks

:imok :

front quarters, problems could cause

front quaters are on fit and civic, not accord....does have rear quaters

dry shrink the back glass with powder,dryer sheet, or bar soap..do some research on dry shrinking....the rear glass should take the most of your time..there isnt alot of curve but enough to cause some trouble..you can sand the defrost with 2000 and it will stick better, depending on the type of film you use?

the rear quarters you could use more slip solution to tuck it behind the rubber, doing those last if you change the solution for those? if you have black vynal you could easly use the scrap from your cut to black out the area on the outside and not worry about tucking them...or leave it clear doesnt look bad either way...

on that note you shouldnt have any troubles and if you do? you know where to ask..here on tintdude

Guest scottydosnntkno
front quaters are on fit and civic, not accord....does have rear quaters

dry shrink the back glass with powder,dryer sheet, or bar soap..do some research on dry shrinking....the rear glass should take the most of your time..there isnt alot of curve but enough to cause some trouble..you can sand the defrost with 2000 and it will stick better, depending on the type of film you use?

the rear quarters you could use more slip solution to tuck it behind the rubber, doing those last if you change the solution for those? if you have black vynal you could easly use the scrap from your cut to black out the area on the outside and not worry about tucking them...or leave it clear doesnt look bad either way...

on that note you shouldnt have any troubles and if you do? you know where to ask..here on tintdude

all these years, and I've never thought about doing the quarters last :confuse I always have had two bottles, one normal and one stronger for back glass's/quarters like fusions/accords. I usually use one bottle total per car, so it would be smart to do the doors first and then add a tad more soap for the rest. durrrrr :poke

Why pull the panels when it's totally un-neccessary as the rollups are so easy. The back glass is a bit tougher than the last generation and begs for a dry shrink and 0000 steel wool is a must. Just don't use anything to harsh as that glass WILL scratch. The quarters just need to be fit correctly, no big deal.

hmmmmmmm.gif Funny, I have never used steel wool on the new accord and never had any problems....I do alot of those cars too. :twocents

And I just use my reg. slip solution..it should slide behind those rubbers on the quarter glass easily.

Why pull the panels when it's totally un-neccessary as the rollups are so easy. The back glass is a bit tougher than the last generation and begs for a dry shrink and 0000 steel wool is a must. Just don't use anything to harsh as that glass WILL scratch. The quarters just need to be fit correctly, no big deal.

If new to tinting than pull panels.. if you have 1-2 exp. then leave them and try it..

I'm am backwards from a lot of people. I started out tucking film, but now I prefer to remove the panels on just about all cars. I still leave them on when I know their really easy. I found by pulling the panels I can get the tint farther below the belt mldg and only have to make one pass to seat the bottom then pop the panel right on, no fighting water coming back up.

The person asked for tips to make the first one easy. I didn't think giving a person options would offend your "GREATNESS". Please allow me to apologize. :beer

Archived