You've got to be kidding me.

Ever had one of those weeks? Play by play of my week so far.

Monday.... dropping my kids to school when my phone rings. Caller ID's my workshop so I answer with my usual "Hey what's up?" the reply to this is "I f@#%*d up". Long story short is an accident happened when moving a truck into the workshop that had been dropped off the night before, which meant cold air brakes and although no damage to customers truck the other car is a write off. :cry

Tuesday..... hubby is driving the work truck and gets smacked in the rear by an uninsured lexus driving teenager. :lol2 Damage bill of $2000.

Today.... I thought this only happened in the movies. Another early morning phone call. Accident again. Work truck again. The truck had the wheels rotated, aligned and balanced yesterday. Driving along the freeway hubby and employee note a lot of vibration and plan to drop the truck back to the tyre shop when they get to the workshop. They turn into a residential area and a wheel comes of as they round the bend. Tyre keeps going several hundred metres, disk bites into the bitumen (five metre gouge) and the front quarter is a twisted mess. Call to the tyre shop with a replay of what has happened gets this reply " Are you sure that someone didn't try to steal your tyres last night?" :shock WTF!!! :lol2 Tyre shop manager grudgly shows up at the scene expecting to see that the situation has been exaggerated and then has to eat humble pie as the technician he bought with him announces that all the nuts on the remaining tyres are no more than finger tight. :cry:shock

IMG_2315_edited.jpg

IMG_2323_edited.jpg

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

sorry to hear that but when you hit bottom only one other place to go back up think positive and be happy there are no injuries or deaths count your blessings and carry on ....better luck to you in the days to come :shock

sorry to hear ! thats epic , things can only get better from here !

what area of aus are you in ? I hear far too many problems from tyre shops in sydney , generally snapping off wheels studs and just having enough thread to get the nut on for looks or crossthreading more studs than theya ctually get on properly and they dont snap untill you try to take the wheel off.

You better look both ways TWICE before crossing the street this week

Thanks Tom I made it through today just fine but I am glad it's Friday!

sorry to hear ! thats epic , things can only get better from here !

what area of aus are you in ? I hear far too many problems from tyre shops in sydney , generally snapping off wheels studs and just having enough thread to get the nut on for looks or crossthreading more studs than theya ctually get on properly and they dont snap untill you try to take the wheel off.

Sydney. Accidents happen and it could have been worse I can't understand why they changed all the nuts or how it was released without being tightened but I'm just really greatful that they didn't come off on the freeway.

Get a lawyer!

No need thankfully. Monday went on my insurance, Tuesday my insurance company can chase him and yesterday's is being paid for by the tyre shop. I have to admit that I feel a little sorry for them, they have been good about it after coming out to the scene. My phone has been running hot with all the local auto related business' wanting to know if it really happened so unfortunately they will learn a very hard lesson and the other local tyre shop will benefit.

Archived