Film Handlers?

Aaahh I think you know what I was getting at. A filmhandler is something you can get by without certainly. I just think its crazy how people like to say their too heavy and takes too much time to set up and it sucks flipping different size rolls back in forth.... whatever , to each his own. By using a FH it makes life alot easier your much more professional , you don't waste film and you always have a straight factory edge where ever you need it.

I don't own one myself , Im just a sub. If I had a tinting company its the first thing I would buy. I do work for a guy that has a FH and never brings it to any of the jobs. And in many many cases he really should have. Like doing individual french panes, I can bang it out mmuch quicker if ya give me a FH.

Contradict a little more and say in some cases you almost DO need a FH ...

So let me get this straight.....

You don't own a Filmhandler and

You RARELY use a Filmhandler (because you are a sub and the guy rarely brings it with him)

yet you say they are easy to set-up and

they should be used most of the time hmmmmmmm.gif

am I understanding this right :lol2

Yup thats right ... thats what I said.... why is it hard to understand .... plain n simple, if I owned a tint co. I would certainly be using a FH , mostly everyone I sub for uses one ,except for ONE , he makes his life alot harder soo many times .... It only makes sense to use one, keep it real dude. Think of the times you could have pulled the job differently if you had a FH. Logic my friend , its only logic... ask the true veteran tinters on here, I believe they will agree with me... ?

like I've said before, I don't care if I could have pulled a job differently. there are a million ways to pull out your film. Saving myself 1" isn't going to make or break me.

I'd rather save my $700, and scrap a couple inches of film. hell, I have like 20 partial boxes sitting on the shelf that are never going to get used again because their odd sizes. I'm not afraid to throw away film

You guys aren't getting it , and I can tell you probably do mostly auto. The waste factory isn't the main reason for the FH. Main thing is you can pull film any way and always have a straight factory edge and in many many cases you can pull film exact making life alot easier.... etc... skylites/frenchpanes

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You guys aren't getting it

I get it.... You don't own a filmhandler yet you thing everyone else should unless they are auto tinters... :lol2

So if they are so great.. why are you the only one here saying how great they are :lol2:cool

Guest scottydosnntkno

I get it.... You don't own a filmhandler yet you thing everyone else should unless they are auto tinters... :lol2

So if they are so great.. why are you the only one here saying how great they are :cool:imok

:)

there is a time and a place for them, but you appear to be the only sackrider on here, and you don't even own one :lol2 guess all the "other professionals and seasoned veterans" aren't backing you up on this one.

So if they are so great.. why are you the only one here saying how great they are :cool:imok

:)

there is a time and a place for them, but you appear to be the only sackrider on here, and you don't even own one :lol2 guess all the "other professionals and seasoned veterans" aren't backing you up on this one.

Sackrider.... hahaa , dude or kid or whatever your name is. Your just a kid, nobody is listening to you to begin with, go away. I know you both know what I was saying about a FH. Ive already said several times its not needed on all jobs. And you just said they have their time and place.... put down the pipe dude and try listening more to your elders.

I get it.... You don't own a filmhandler yet you thing everyone else should unless they are auto tinters... :cool

So if they are so great.. why are you the only one here saying how great they are :lol2:)

:lol2

there is a time and a place for them, but you appear to be the only sackrider on here, and you don't even own one :imok guess all the "other professionals and seasoned veterans" aren't backing you up on this one.

Sackrider.... hahaa , dude or kid or whatever your name is. Your just a kid, nobody is listening to you to begin with, go away. I know you both know what I was saying about a FH. Ive already said several times its not needed on all jobs. And you just said they have their time and place.... put down the pipe dude and try listening more to your elders.

I follow what your saying. True endorsement by a guy reguarly laying flat that recognizes he's usually at a disadvantage when he subs for the guy without the handler.

I get it.... You don't own a filmhandler yet you thing everyone else should unless they are auto tinters... :dunno

So if they are so great.. why are you the only one here saying how great they are :nope :nope

:thumb

there is a time and a place for them, but you appear to be the only sackrider on here, and you don't even own one :thumb guess all the "other professionals and seasoned veterans" aren't backing you up on this one.

I follow what your saying. True endorsement by a guy reguarly laying flat that recognizes he's usually at a disadvantage when he subs for the guy without the handler.

Yup ... you know whats up. These other two are really trying to just give me a hard time. Their both auto tinters too I can tell. Their just trying to rattle me chain. I totally realize you can get by without a FH , but they have so many advantages I think its crazy to not make your life easier. The guy I sub for, he'll be tinting an entire house pulling from a box. Sure you can do it, alot do , just set up a FH for crying out loud

Guest scottydosnntkno

I get it.... You don't own a filmhandler yet you thing everyone else should unless they are auto tinters... :nope

So if they are so great.. why are you the only one here saying how great they are :dunno:nope

:thumb

there is a time and a place for them, but you appear to be the only sackrider on here, and you don't even own one :thumb guess all the "other professionals and seasoned veterans" aren't backing you up on this one.

Yup ... you know whats up. These other two are really trying to just give me a hard time. Their both auto tinters too I can tell. Their just trying to rattle me chain. I totally realize you can get by without a FH , but they have so many advantages I think its crazy to not make your life easier. The guy I sub for, he'll be tinting an entire house pulling from a box. Sure you can do it, alot do , just set up a FH for crying out loud

I lay about 5kft of FG a year, so I'm not a "big" FG person, but I do a lot more than most auto tinters do.

I have used one, and I personally see no need for it. A knife in the box gives me just as straight of an edge as long as you pull evenly.

I believe you said it one of your very first posts in this thread, "to each his own". I don't like a FH, and neither does TTS, so get over it, your not going to change our minds. my $600 is better invested somewhere else

Archived