Film Handlers?

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So what is the deal with film handlers? I mainly just deal with 40 in rolls and the occasional 60in roll on some FG. Am I missing out on anything? I just keep the film in the box as my film handler :rollin

it's great for flat glass work.you adjust for width then pull exact for lenght.you get a pretty exact cut.easier to handle film while working.I dont personally have one but I've worked with one and it was pretty cool to work with.im a small company so I figured it's not worth it same with a plotter.I just self cut everything.

I use one only for security film jobs. IMO, when you are using one for any other purpose, it is time consuming when you have to load different size rolls. I think its faster to cut from the box, even though you wont have an exact cut. If its a large commercial project with 1-2 roll sizes, its worth using...otherwise, cut from the box. :beer

If you are doing auto, dont bother. Like others have said, If you are on a larger FG job it is nice to have. Anything less than 15 or so windows I wont spend the time to lug and set it up. I have 2 of them and they have their moments but they do not get used on every job.

Thanks for the quick responses. See I do just about all auto with the occasional house window or door. I just wasn't sure if there was some kind of cool trick those things did lol. I guess I'll just use that $500 to pay rent for a couple months :lol6

I got a 60" model I`ll let ya have for $250.

Guest General Sun Shield

I have found that it saves me material.

It is a bit large to lug into a house. But for commercial its great.IMO

I usually use it in the shop to pre-cut residential jobs the day before.

Also great for SS jobs.

its a great tool....ive had mine for at least 15 years...have a 60 incher....and need a 72 some day...if I find the right deal.....I use mind both for flat glass and for auto....it makes it so easy to cut your film you can take a 40 inch roll split it down the middle and have two twentys.....pull your length and slice it off....no fumbling around.....if you got the funds a great tool to have.....on flat glass jobs it like haveing an extra guy helping to cut film.

buy buy buy ......

Archived