Too Risky???

Guest bwsaints87

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest bwsaints87

I went with the 20s (still haven't seen the 5-0 while driving but not looking forward to when I do) I live in Madison which is a small town on the shore, and about the inspections, are those scheduled regularly or is there some reason why I would need an inspection?

Guest Sunlimited

If I remember correctly it's every couple of years. I've been out of the state for a little while so I may be wrong, but you can't have any darker than 32% on the sides, and if your 3rd brake light is covered you'll fail...It's a fix it ticket, they"ll give you 20 days or suspend your reg.

Took a car I had bought for the annual Inspection, they hit the glass with a light meter, too dark.

Asked I removed the film, would it lass, they said yeah.

Reached in the back of the car, grabbed a razor blade and peeled it right off.

The car then passed inspection, but could see nothing because of all the adhesive.

SPent some time after the inspection scraping off most of the adhesive so I could safely drive home.

Guest tint51
So I am getting tints done tomorrow. I am trying to decide what shade to get and I really want the 20% because I don't think the 35% will be worth paying --- dollars for, as I have seen it and it really doesn't make the windows dark enough for me. The 20% looks great and im just wondering what you guys think are my chances of getting pulled over in my medium sized Connecticut town (35% is the limit for side windows) in my 01 maroon audi (beige interior, im thinking the beige interior plus not much contrast with the car color may disguise the darkness a little in front of cops)

Just do the 35% and call it done .. why worry with 20%,,, Thats a no brainer.. :dunno

Archived