Too Risky???

Guest bwsaints87

Guest bwsaints87

So I am getting tints done tomorrow. I am trying to decide what shade to get and I really want the 20% because I don't think the 35% will be worth paying --- dollars for, as I have seen it and it really doesn't make the windows dark enough for me. The 20% looks great and im just wondering what you guys think are my chances of getting pulled over in my medium sized Connecticut town (35% is the limit for side windows) in my 01 maroon audi (beige interior, im thinking the beige interior plus not much contrast with the car color may disguise the darkness a little in front of cops)

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So I am getting tints done tomorrow. I am trying to decide what shade to get and I really want the 20% because I don't think the 35% will be worth paying 200 dollars for, as I have seen it and it really doesn't make the windows dark enough for me. The 20% looks great and im just wondering what you guys think are my chances of getting pulled over in my medium sized Connecticut town (35% is the limit for side windows) in my 01 maroon audi (beige interior, im thinking the beige interior plus not much contrast with the car color may disguise the darkness a little in front of cops)

Dont know your countries laws ,but would your car be unroadworthy and therefore uninsured :beer

Guest scottydosnntkno
So I am getting tints done tomorrow. I am trying to decide what shade to get and I really want the 20% because I don't think the 35% will be worth paying 200 dollars for, as I have seen it and it really doesn't make the windows dark enough for me. The 20% looks great and im just wondering what you guys think are my chances of getting pulled over in my medium sized Connecticut town (35% is the limit for side windows) in my 01 maroon audi (beige interior, im thinking the beige interior plus not much contrast with the car color may disguise the darkness a little in front of cops)

Dont know your countries laws ,but would your car be unroadworthy and therefore uninsured :beer

thats not how it works in america.

however, if your in an accident and its deemed to be your fault, your insurance could drop the claim if they found out about the tint

Depends where you are from for the most part. In our area, the police don't really care too much because it's not a big town, but go 50 miles north, and they will ticket you in a heartbeat. You'll have to go by your local area to make your decision. :gasp

Dont know your countries laws ,but would your car be unroadworthy and therefore uninsured :dunno

however, if your in an accident and its deemed to be your fault, your insurance could drop the claim if they found out about the tint

and therefore uninsured.....no? :gasp

Dont know your countries laws ,but would your car be unroadworthy and therefore uninsured dunno.gif

and therefore uninsured.....no? :beer

I haven't ever heard of an insurance company dropping a claim b/c of window tint. Around here 35% is legal but I most people use 20%, without any problems.

Guest scottydosnntkno

and therefore uninsured.....no? :cool

well I was responding to the fact that his car is still roadworthy, since you can still get insurance on it. Well not all states require insurance, but at least MI requires no fault in order to get reg'd. So without insurance, you wouldn't be reg'd, and wouldn't be roadworthy.

and therefore uninsured.....no? :dunno

:cool At last common sense prevails :beer

Archived