Boat Window Tinting

Was out on the water today, and tapped up some cold sea goers for some tints on their sea rays....

Now ive secured about 6 Sea Rays to do in the next few weeks, when the weather warms up a bit.

Now they want Green, and Blue film, something of a 35%... So im guessing Residential and Commercial film would be ideal, as its flat glass, and doesnt need to confrom to a curve.

Only problem is, the glass is laminated on the Sea Rays, as with most water craft.

Has anyone experiance any problems whilst filming laminated glass on boats?

Thanks

Guest tint14u
Was out on the water today, and tapped up some cold sea goers for some tints on their sea rays....

Now ive secured about 6 Sea Rays to do in the next few weeks, when the weather warms up a bit.

Now they want Green, and Blue film, something of a 35%... So im guessing Residential and Commercial film would be ideal, as its flat glass, and doesnt need to confrom to a curve.

Only problem is, the glass is laminated on the Sea Rays, as with most water craft.

Has anyone experiance any problems whilst filming laminated glass on boats?

Thanks

you should be good,I have never had any issues with lami glass worst thing that could happen is the glazer has put a shatty glass with a bad edge and it pop a stress crack out from the frame other than that feel good after the install and go straight to the bank

Guest scottydosnntkno

I usually use a standard auto film as most boat glass I've done is SP tempered or SP lami, with zero issues.

boats are a great way to make a LOT of money, in a little amount of time. Generally its "go do it, and invoice me after" money is no object, I just want it done.

We do a ton of boats up here. I can not remember any we filmed lighter than 20% most are done in 5%. That causes huge absorption levels. That said, In my experience, most of the lammy we see in marine use has sanded edges, Thus reducing the likelihood of a crack running off a edge. Good luck

Guest auricwealth

yeah yacht and boats need tinting badly as they are always out in the sun. Tinters should avoid using metal or sputtered films for the risk of oxidation is much higher for maritime applications. :twocents

~ ~ ~ "She didn't believe in angels until she fell in love with one." ~ ~ ~

Guest scottydosnntkno
yeah yacht and boats need tinting badly as they are always out in the sun. Tinters should avoid using metal or sputtered films for the risk of oxidation is much higher for maritime applications. :evileye

~ ~ ~ "She didn't believe in angels until she fell in love with one." ~ ~ ~

I've used metal films before, but the again boats around here are all on lakes, not the ocean, so salts not a problem :cooldot

Archived