new home

Guest scottydosnntkno

vinyl is not my type, but if you like it then good for you beer.gif

looks like a nice size garage. interesting layout, but again you must have picked it out because it appears to be a custom to me

what are the black posts on the deck for? and you should think about adding some stairs over the retaining wall behind the garage. Its a long walk around the wall

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Diamond Tints
vinyl is not my type, but if you like it then good for you :lol

looks like a nice size garage. interesting layout, but again you must have picked it out because it appears to be a custom to me

what are the black posts on the deck for? and you should think about adding some stairs over the retaining wall behind the garage. Its a long walk around the wall

Would hate to have that bill to heat that mug!

Jealousy is a bad thing my friends :lol2

vinyl is not my type, but if you like it then good for you :lol2

We used cedar impressions for the siding, After a # of houses, You get sick of painting every 3-4 years. ( I am to old for it ) garage is 42w x 30d. Stairs around to the back are built in to the retaining wall at the RR of the house (not visible in the pic ) We will be putting a pool in this summer and that is the best way to access it from the front. Also the black posts you see on the deck are the jacks for the staging. ( They dont stay ).

Guest scottydosnntkno

realistically, it probably costs less to heat that house than your average trailer home.

My mom has a lot of students who get state funding for the heat, because many trailer homes are over $300 a month to heat, due to the lack of insulation. In contrast, my parents home is a touch over 3000ft, and is less than $200 a month to heat in the winter time. And our house is 20 years old, but with a 2 year old furnace. We keep meaning to put more blown in into the attic, but never get around to having it done.

New houses built by a good builder by a buyer who knows what to ask for are extremely efficient

Guest scottydosnntkno
vinyl is not my type, but if you like it then good for you :yoda

We used cedar impressions for the siding, After a # of houses, You get sick of painting every 3-4 years. ( I am to old for it ) garage is 42w x 30d. Stairs around to the back are built in to the retaining wall at the RR of the house (not visible in the pic ) We will be putting a pool in this summer and that is the best way to access it from the front. Also the black posts you see on the deck are the jacks for the staging. ( They dont stay ).

:lol2 very nice. I figured you would have wanted stairs from the garage side down to the back, without hvaing to go in the house. Unless your going to have a circular drive for the guests to park in so that side will be more accessible? just wondering

vinyl is not my type, but if you like it then good for you :lol

Jealousy is a bad thing my friends :lol2

not jealous, just a 3rd year architecture student :beer

We moved in Dec 2 and filled the oil tank and the propane tank. Oil is for heat only.Propane is used for hot water,cooking,gas fireplaces and the grill. Dec was cold up here and with the heat on 70, we used 62 gallons of oil and 44 gallons of propane. The entire house was insulated with icynene and we used Anderson 400 windows. I thought the fuel consumption was very low

Guest scottydosnntkno

We moved in Dec 2 and filled the oil tank and the propane tank. Oil is for heat only.Propane is used for hot water,cooking,gas fireplaces and the grill. Dec was cold up here and with the heat on 70, we used 62 gallons of oil and 44 gallons of propane. The entire house was insulated with icynene and we used Anderson 400 windows. I thought the fuel consumption was very low

I have no experience with oil/propane for heat, since up here its all NG. what does that equate to in dollar amounts? up here propane is about $.80/lb, but I don't know how many pounds in a gallon

Guest Diamond Tints
vinyl is not my type, but if you like it then good for you :lol2

:lol very nice. I figured you would have wanted stairs from the garage side down to the back, without hvaing to go in the house. Unless your going to have a circular drive for the guests to park in so that side will be more accessible? just wondering

vinyl is not my type, but if you like it then good for you :yoda

Jealousy is a bad thing my friends :)

not jealous, just a 3rd year architecture student :beer

OMG!!!!!!! What age are you as you have done everything!!!!!!!!!! 6 years tinting, and studying for 3 years, and did you not work for pizza place or something for 3 years, and something above that also?? You not only 21?

You from a chinese child sweatshop :lol2:lol

Archived