Does the brand of tint make a difference for scratching when it comes

I think people who say they never have problems with scratching on those cars just haven't had to hear about it yet or are blowing smoke. I've used SolarGard, SunTek, and Advantage, and I know that they all will get the scratching if the windows are rolled up and down enough.

I got your smoke blower right here!! :hump Sure I have had to deal with it, as I said with my buddies shop, but HERE at the Honda dealer I have not dealt with it at all! :lol2:lol2:tantrum

which honda dealer you at?

personally I know that it does make a difference on which film you use and how dirty the owners are! if they keep there car clean it will last longer, sol if they live on a dirt road

maybe because I live in the desert and everything is covered in dirt, but no felt, yes scratch

Guest a1wintinter
I think people who say they never have problems with scratching on those cars just haven't had to hear about it yet or are blowing smoke. I've used SolarGard, SunTek, and Advantage, and I know that they all will get the scratching if the windows are rolled up and down enough.

I got your smoke blower right here!! :hump Sure I have had to deal with it, as I said with my buddies shop, but HERE at the Honda dealer I have not dealt with it at all! :lol2:lol2:tantrum

which honda dealer you at?

personally I know that it does make a difference on which film you use and how dirty the owners are! if they keep there car clean it will last longer, sol if they live on a dirt road

maybe because I live in the desert and everything is covered in dirt, but no felt, yes scratch

Makes since!!!

I've had issues with 05 style Mustangs & Accords in the past. I noticed the new Mustangs have felt now. Glad to see it. :lol2 All the different brands I used had a scratching issue at one time or another.

The standard industry test for scratch resistance is ASTM D-1044, which involves an abrader wheel held down under a force (generally 500 grams) which is then it is rotated over the film's surface a set number of times. After the test is complete, an optical instruments measures the haze induced by the test. Lower = better

Any film can and will scratch given the right set of circumstances. Most scratch resistant hardcoats are liquid coatings which are UV cured during the near-final phase of a films construction.

-Howard

Guest auricwealth
The standard industry test for scratch resistance is ASTM D-1044, which involves an abrader wheel held down under a force (generally 500 grams) which is then it is rotated over the film's surface a set number of times. After the test is complete, an optical instruments measures the haze induced by the test. Lower = better

Any film can and will scratch given the right set of circumstances. Most scratch resistant hardcoats are liquid coatings which are UV cured during the near-final phase of a films construction.

-Howard

Try dropping an email to your factories and find out how many microns of SR coating they add. You will find a strong correlation against the SR thickness and SR strength. From my experience, anything higher than 2 microns is good enough. Some went on to put above 2.5microns for the top notch products.

just my 2 cents worth.

Archived