Texastintchick, I'm gonna 1-up you!!

So I did a windshield for a guy who has sent me work in the past from his transmission shop. It's his personal vehicle 1998 cadillac seville. I gave him a good price, everything went nice and smooth on the install, the car is nothing out of the ordinary to install on. Fast forward to today. I get a call "I need you guys to come put my dash back on right" I really thought he was joking at first. He's like yeah, when you guys put the dash back on after putting all the wiring back it's not sitting right. I'm pretty much confused as to what he is talking about and said all the work we do is on the outside and what he is saying has nothing to do with the windshield installation, I tell him I'm going to send my installer over though because maybe I'm not understanding him right.

Installer comes back.

2010-03-03090053.jpg

2010-03-03090109.jpg

2010-03-03090158.jpg

2010-03-03090207.jpg

2010-03-03090222.jpg

2010-03-03090250.jpg

2010-03-03090258.jpg

2010-03-03090317.jpg

Yeah, I don't know what he is talking about either. Installer says he is saying the dash along the wood trim has a big gap (you can tell the dash is a bit warped from age, but nothing a normal person would notice). He was also complaining that one of temperature sensors on the dash is higher than the other. Again, nothing that is even closely related to the installation procedure. So I give him a call back and say I'm sorry that you are thinking that any of this could be caused by the windshield installation, but it is impossible, it's just age. Since he runs a transmission shop I say that would be like someone saying their headliner is falling because the transmission was changed. He says "This is bullshit" and hangs up on me. Seriously, a 13 year old Cadillac is lucky to still be on the road, I took the pictures in case I need evidence that everything is pretty much normal, but then thought I would show you guys.

haha we do windshields too so I know exactly what youre talking about. take a video of one of your guys replacing a windshield so you can show him if he wants to see. most people dont know whats involved in replacing a windshield. when I saw it done the first time I was amazed at how simple it is. and we remove cowls and everything. the only thing we do to the dash is maybe put a lil pressure on it. but with the extracotor its very minimal compared to those long knives we used in the past.

I told him that the only thing we have to do on the inside of the car is unscrew the rear view and unplug the rain sensor, everything else is done on the outside. Has to just be one of those people that once they get something in their head, they aren't going to believe anything otherwise.

Meh, I get like 1 every few months, no great loss. I just worry that he's going to try and attack me other means, charge back the card, I dunno, something out of line. Maybe he will just forget about it and move on.

Archived