Switching to Sun Tek's Carbon Film- Any Warnings or Praise??

Guest brucetintshop

Guest brucetintshop

Decided to recently switch to Sun Tek's Carbon Film. I've used it and I like how it works and looks, but worried about long term- Warranty issues or film defects??? I've even seen cheap crappy tint look good in the beginning, and look grainy, hazy, purple, etc... in just a year or less. Just want to see if if I can get some feedback from anyone that has been using the Carbon Film line for awhile. Any feedback- Positive OR Negative would be appreciated.

THANKS!

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Scottsfire
Had a six month or so run of it rolling off the edges of back glass's, was enough to have me stop using it

Was it a bad run of film or just poor manufacturing totally? What are you using now?

Guest Scottsfire
I used it for a while. great shrinking havent had anyone come back, the oldest is about 4 years ago. if you file edges it tends to curl. thats really the main reason I dont use it anymore.

So what do you use?

Guest Suncs
if you use alcohol in anyway. stop using it. the film with bubble within a month or so.

don't detail it too much or you'll detail the dye right out of it.

that sounds just as bad as glue film!

Guest Diamond Tints

I love the way shrinks, blends really well, love the look of it, good match to vw/bmw factory glass etc etc, BUT the scratch coating is terrible to say the least :bat

Archived