Wincos

Guest maddtinter
Ive tried to research Wincos on the web for more information, but I cant seem to find anything on it. I get links to TD about it, and thats about it. I dont know what wave length they are using either, but I do have it on my vehicle. Ive never had a film on my vehicle that when you roll the window up thats in direct sun, you feel almost no heat coming through the film. Im sure I would feel the same with huper as well, but I dont sell huper. Both films are difficult to work with on auto, so at least I can compare them that way. :lol
If you were using dyed tint before then switched to using any tint that wasn't dyed you would notice a difference in TSER.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ive tried to research Wincos on the web for more information, but I cant seem to find anything on it. I get links to TD about it, and thats about it. I dont know what wave length they are using either, but I do have it on my vehicle. Ive never had a film on my vehicle that when you roll the window up thats in direct sun, you feel almost no heat coming through the film. Im sure I would feel the same with huper as well, but I dont sell huper. Both films are difficult to work with on auto, so at least I can compare them that way. :lol
If you were using dyed tint before then switched to using any tint that wasn't dyed you would notice a difference in TSER.

Oh absolutely. But even with some metalized films Ive used I still feel less heat with Wincos, and its a dyed film. I have sold quite a bit of Wincos last year and this year. Just did a G35 today with it.

Guest maddtinter

Oh absolutely. But even with some metalized films Ive used I still feel less heat with Wincos, and its a dyed film. I have sold quite a bit of Wincos last year and this year. Just did a G35 today with it.

Glad to see that you are upselling for better performance and not slappin' on the cheaper sh1t.

Guest vclimber
It is a "special" meter made by Lintech to measure their Winco product against other products.It will read their tint to perform better at the wavelength they designed it to.

So they are doing a similar thing to what 3M is doing? Selective wavelength measurement...

Do you know what wavelengths they are measuring with that detecto meter?

I wish I could tell you but I dont know.Exactly though,selective measurement.I will try to find out from the source that told me.

Here is your answer 70 nanometers.

70? :lol That can't be right... that's the X-ray wavelength in the em spectrum. Far from the IR spectrum.

Looks like they are claiming 92% IR rejection for the whole IR spectrum when they are only sampling a spot or two. I hope Gerald isn't marketing it that way, not cool. Like TJ said... there are no specs online, even on the Madico website which I find odd. I wish they'd just post the TSER instead of the cut or a ratio. Looks like they are publishing little to nothing in hopes that people will assume 92% IR rejection means 92% heat rejection.

NEWS FLASH... It doesn't mean that. :lol

Guest maddtinter
It is a "special" meter made by Lintech to measure their Winco product against other products.It will read their tint to perform better at the wavelength they designed it to.

So they are doing a similar thing to what 3M is doing? Selective wavelength measurement...

Do you know what wavelengths they are measuring with that detecto meter?

I wish I could tell you but I dont know.Exactly though,selective measurement.I will try to find out from the source that told me.

Here is your answer 70 nanometers.

70? :lol2 That can't be right... that's the X-ray wavelength in the em spectrum. Far from the IR spectrum.

Looks like they are claiming 92% IR rejection for the whole IR spectrum when they are only sampling a spot or two. I hope Gerald isn't marketing it that way, not cool. Like TJ said... there are no specs online, even on the Madico website which I find odd. I wish they'd just post the TSER instead of the cut or a ratio. Looks like they are publishing little to nothing in hopes that people will assume 92% IR rejection means 92% heat rejection.

NEWS FLASH... It doesn't mean that. :gasp

Well V it is the right wavelength.DECEPTIVE practices not uncommon in this industry....you know that!

I'll see what I can find through my distributor. It does seem odd that nothing can be found on that film. At one point I did have the specs on that film, but I cant find it. I think I remember the 30% having a TSER of high 50's to low 60's...but I could be wrong. The Lintec site has nothing on it either. Maybe the site in Japanese does, but I can read symbols.

Guest maddtinter

I do have the Wincos specs.Funny how in small print on the bottom itreads"The values in the data are actual measured values and are not guaranteed".

Guest vclimber
Well V it is the right wavelength.DECEPTIVE practices not uncommon in this industry....you know that!

:lol2 So we can wrap that stuff around us when we go in for an X-ray, cool! I here ya though... this industry sometimes has some freaky stuff that they try to feed the general public. :lol2

I do have the Wincos specs.Funny how in small print on the bottom itreads"The values in the data are actual measured values and are not guaranteed".

Case in point...

Looks like they sell that stuff up the road from where you are? Crazy website claims... :twocents

Guest teamfutaba

:lol2 So we can wrap that stuff around us when we go in for an X-ray, cool! I here ya though... this industry sometimes has some freaky stuff that they try to feed the general public. :lol2

Case in point...

Looks like they sell that stuff up the road from where you are? Crazy website claims... :twocents

I have a question.. what came first and in what order did the rest show up. solis, v-cool, spectra select, the ir meter, prestige and hooper.

Archived