Well, it's Friday again! What did you learn this week?

A car can be an amazing part of life. While getting rid of my car maybe not be the actual cause of it, but the loss of the activities around it, people around it, etc. really brought a lot of enjoyment in my life it seems. Ever since I got rid of my last Neon I sort of fell out of the car scene, lost contacts with the friends involved and really sort of fell in to a low part in my life, gained 60-80lbs, started playing destructive and addictive video games. I would say with certainty that I was battling with some depression. Since I got a fun car again I have lost 15lbs, started reconnecting with old friends and have had a much more positive outlook on things. I think wrenching on cars for fun is just something I needed in my life and I haven't felt this good in years.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I learned that no matter how hard you bust your azz to improve the look of your store with your own time and money you still aren't going to impress the business owner enough.

"looks good guys"

fock off jackhole :gasp

Guest tint51
A car can be an amazing part of life. While getting rid of my car maybe not be the actual cause of it, but the loss of the activities around it, people around it, etc. really brought a lot of enjoyment in my life it seems. Ever since I got rid of my last Neon I sort of fell out of the car scene, lost contacts with the friends involved and really sort of fell in to a low part in my life, gained 60-80lbs, started playing destructive and addictive video games. I would say with certainty that I was battling with some depression. Since I got a fun car again I have lost 15lbs, started reconnecting with old friends and have had a much more positive outlook on things. I think wrenching on cars for fun is just something I needed in my life and I haven't felt this good in years.

Sounds like that is you... I feel the same way.. I have an old vw I am selling..but I have always been a aircooled vw freak..I think if I sell it I will miss working on it or the ora around it.... I understand you man' I feel really a stress release when working them too... :gasp

I learned that if You deposit a check in the bank, only a certain percentage of it is available until the check clears. However, if You cash the SAME check and then drive to the ATM and deposit the cash it's all available immediately. :gasp Thats the stupidest thing EVER! :lol2

Guest tint51

I have learned life is a always changing thing... good or bad.. things always have for a reason... findiing the reason is the challege..

Never in a million years thought I would get divorced.. but here I am.. must of happen for a reason??? :gasp

More than I can type, but its fun to be challenged daily and progress each week.

Also learned I need a car/toy/project to keep me entertained.

1973 Honda CB750 en route from my family in Michigan for a complete rebuild!

Archived