Pre-Cut Film on 1998 Lumina

Guest MAD King

Guest MAD King

Hello,

I have a 1998 Lumina Car and a pre-cut film. Do I have to pre-heat the film ? Is it necessary?

A break light is on the window too.

Thank you

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest scottydosnntkno
You will need to shrink that back glass. Search youtube.

Oh and be prepared to :coffee:wall:wall:wall:moa:coffee:moa

You may gain a new found respect for the skills and patience of professional window tinters.

:krazy and expect to waste the first back glass piece

Guest MAD King

Thank you for your answers. I did not install it yet because I found out about the law here and I am a little afraid to get a ticket if I use the wrong film.

My Lumina got factory windows in. I think the tinting on the factory windows are between 4-6%. The law in Florida says

Front Side Windows Must allow more than 28% of light in.

Back Side Windows Must allow more than 15% of light in.

Rear Window Must allow more than 15% of light in.

My thoughts are. A 20% film for the rear and back side windows and a 35% film for the front. Am I right with this?

It also says that there are Sticker Requirements and that the sticker to identify legal tinting is required on the inside of the driver’s side doorjamb.

What if I do it by myself? I do not have a sticker.

Anyone who knows about this?

Thank you

recomendation------

Step 1:take the kit out and wad it up, cus and throw it away. Thats gonna save you about 3 hours, a head ache and sore pride. Either way your gonna be pissed about the loss of money.

Step 2: Find a local tint shop to tint your car. make appointment, drop it off for a few hours. Bring back cash, pick car up, dont roll windows down for 5 days. Its gonna look like %&$# before it looks better. In 10 days youll have a good , legal, professional job with a warranty.

Step 3: Stop back in and tell us how it all worked out.

recomendation------

Step 1:take the kit out and wad it up, cus and throw it away. Thats gonna save you about 3 hours, a head ache and sore pride. Either way your gonna be pissed about the loss of money.

Step 2: Find a local tint shop to tint your car. make appointment, drop it off for a few hours. Bring back cash, pick car up, dont roll windows down for 5 days. Its gonna look like %&$# before it looks better. In 10 days youll have a good , legal, professional job with a warranty.

Step 3: Stop back in and tell us how it all worked out.

And remember the price is going WAY up to strip that crap off and do it right !

Archived