alternitive to amonnia

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Tint Guru

I use my tint soloution baby shampoo and water for sweating.

Here is a tip for ya, heat shrink the piece you are going to use and use that insted of the garbage bag, :cool it wont fall down and fits in there like a glove. When you pull it off you are ready to hang it after a quick once over. 8)

Guest Braud Spectrum

I steam the film off and if any glue's left I use 409. Usually makes it kinda snotty ...then wipes right off... but I've had some that even 409 didn't cut the adhesive on. Seems like it's the ones that don't have failure that the adhesive is difficult on. Just being redone for maybe got buggered up with baby seat or bought it tinted and it's too dark. I'm willing to try anything. Thanks for the tip. fireman. :cool

I don't know which film mfg it is but... any of yall noticed that somebody's adhesive stinks! :thumb Nearly makes me sick to smell it.

Guest DontWorryItWillDry

TSurf, when you said EZ Stripper I thought you were referring to Miss DWIWD. Then I realized you were referring to a solution...where do you get it and does it leave a residue? Also, the adhesive comes off with ANY film manufacturers adhesive and length of time it's been on the car?

Guest TinterRich

I have used Kleen Ez (pink stuff) for years and it works great every time, I save the liners from more common rear windows and label them (model and year) so when I need to sweat a window I just find the fitting liner from my stash and lay it up...fits perfect..even the defrost tabs are cut out..and it's pre-shrunk. :lol kinda like Tint Gurus idea.

Guest TINTFXold

from TinterRich

I save the liners from more common rear windows and label them (model and year) so when I need to sweat a window I just find the fitting liner from my stash and lay it up...fits perfect..even the defrost tabs are cut out..and it's pre-shrunk

TIP OF THE WEEK NOMINATION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That gets my vote.

the chemical I use is called (and this is how its spelled) De-Solve-It. It does EVERYTHING, and I mean Everything. You can even wash your clothes in it. Discovered it about 5 months ago.

Archived