Reducing Contamination

So, in My never ending quest to reduce contamination to zero, I tried this technique, and it really works well. It's a technique for peeling liner, and reducing the amount

of contamination that comes off your peel board.

This technique is for Plotter users only. :lol

Step 1) This is a picture of a weeded pattern (right), and a pattern that has been cut but NOT weeded (left). When You peel a liner from a weeded pattern, the water runs down from the peelboard directly onto Your pattern. Using this technique, You pull the liner first as Your spraying and THEN weed the pattern. That way, any contamination that may run on the film, is running onto a part that is not going to be used, leaving Your pattern nice and contamination free. Take a look. :lol

111.jpg

2) Peel Liner and spray as normal.

222.jpg

3) Weed the excess film off the pattern.

444-1.jpg

333.jpg

Not only does this virtually eliminate any dust at the top of Your windows, it saves You a step in the process from Plotter to peelboard. :embar

Try it, You may like it!

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hold up there sausage fingers !

Doesn't leaving the adhesive of the film exposed for longer increase the chance of picking up contamination ??? :thumb

by longer I mean while you are trying to weed the pattern with those meat hooks you call hands.... :cool

It takes an additional 1 second to weed it. I don't take the tint, throw it on the floor, stomp on it, and then apply it, like some Ho's in the GREAT Northwest. :cool

Holla! :thumb

And leave My dam fingers alone. :cool

Archived