2010 Jaguar XJ

blackout66

Guest tint325i

any chance of a rundown on stripping the shelf? I like a good screwdriver session!! never stripped a 7 but did a new a6 recently

any chance of a rundown on stripping the shelf? I like a good screwdriver session!! never stripped a 7 but did a new a6 recently

Stuff off, I didnt have time to write it all down!!! It was a nightmare to do!!

Remove seats, stupid clips on bottom bench

then flop the rear down,

PArcel shlef has some clips remove that, then remove some 8mm or 10mm bolts, 1 either side,

then remove side trim, then pull upwards and out,

Sounds easy, but its HARD, and Fiddly and UBER TIGHT!

Yeah, not interested it doing another one. Did one today, the front doors and BG didn't come out the greatest, but we dd what we could. I am praying the person who gets it from the dealer isn't a picky prick because this thing really wasn't worth the money. All in all it wasn't bad, just the fronts of the front doors were a little creased the first 1/4-1/2" in and the rear deck I don't think was put in correctly from the factory. You could see one of the little tabs where the deck slides in to the brake light surroundwas on top of the deck instead of under it, so the rear deck was super smashed against the glass making it pretty much impossible to get the film even remotely past the plastic brake light surround, so there was some slight creasing from dicking with that, and we picked up a bit of dust way down at the bottom sides from all of the dicking around with the brake light. To be honest if the dealer comes back with complaints, I'm going to tell them I need the front glass out and the rear deck out if they want it any better. I think the rear would have been alright if that little tab was under the rear deck instead of smashed on top.

These cars are luckily few and far between. 3 steps that can minimize your stress level:

Cut a perfectly sized pattern.

Soap heavily.

Whale Tail combo w/Bulldozer until smooth.

Not easy but not as hard as it sounds.

Good luck everbody~ :olfa  :olfa  :olfa  :bottle  :bottle :bottle  :thumb  :thumb  :hot  :hot  :hot  :hat  :hat  :dunno  :dunno  :beer  :beer  

Archived