an old trick for you young dogs

I new alot of you younger guys like the tint cutting software. however I worked at a shop using tint software and I could always beat whoever was using that thing. The trick is to cut on the glass and cut your time in half. All you have to do is lay down your first piece of film normal then set it in place. Now put another piece on top of the first piece but backwards from the first this way you are cutting both side windows at the same time. I can skillfully cut all the side windows for a 4 door car using this method in about 15 mins. try that on a plotter!

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I put the first piece on the window backwards. Liner against the glass then the next piece liner out. That way nothing that matters get scratched or scuffed like from a hard card. Also if I mark the film for a cut, the mark peels away with the liner. Give it a try...

Guest scottydosnntkno
I new alot of you younger guys like the tint cutting software. however I worked at a shop using tint software and I could always beat whoever was using that thing. The trick is to cut on the glass and cut your time in half. All you have to do is lay down your first piece of film normal then set it in place. Now put another piece on top of the first piece but backwards from the first this way you are cutting both side windows at the same time. I can skillfully cut all the side windows for a 4 door car using this method in about 15 mins. try that on a plotter!

you could save a step, and put both piece of film on the car at the same time and cut them both, that way they are perfect for both of them.

or, use a plotter, click cut, and have all four doors, quarters, and the back glass cut in 2 minutes

wow...to be honest....15 minutes seems like a looooong time to cut just the side windows of a 4 door car. IMO, you should have the sides cut and back shrunk and cut in that amount of time....oh...and I hand cut.

Guest untouchable

I don't want to get in the which way is faster thing. But I would love to see some one load the plotter with film, pull up the car in the program, cut the patterns, transfer to peel board then weed the patterns in 2 min. The 2 min is hitting cut and the plotter actually cutting the pattern. It's like when people say I can tint a car in 30 min. That's starting with the car in the bay windows clean and ending before stuff is heated and windows and car are cleaned and pulled out. To me that's not finished.

Guest tint51
I don't want to get in the which way is faster thing. But I would love to see some one load the plotter with film, pull up the car in the program, cut the patterns, transfer to peel board then weed the patterns in 2 min. The 2 min is hitting cut and the plotter actually cutting the pattern. It's like when people say I can tint a car in 30 min. That's starting with the car in the bay windows clean and ending before stuff is heated and windows and car are cleaned and pulled out. To me that's not finished.

:lol

Don't see how in 30 Min.. from car not being clean and ready to go...I don't care how fast you are..

If is all prep ready to sling some tint (not tints) then I see it..

I'm not gonna get into a DMC for speed here but......

I'm old school but use a plotter as well. I'm a panel puller too, so if I can be pulling the panels while the plotter is cutting my patterns then it's a win-win situation for speed.

Well I can hand cut two doors and finish em 20 mins alone not rushing, I can do the same loading film in a cutter start to finish. Its not one car. Its the 10th or 15th that the cutter beats you.....

as for double cutting.....

You new dogs might want to reconsider. Its a little trickier to double cut correctly. Youll end up not keeping them alligned and then you have wasted 30-40" of film, and thats if you only dicked up one of your patterns.

If your working in a shop that is material wise. I can prob bet they dont want you double cutting unless yourtried and true and a vet.

Last but not least, I can cut a whole 4 door car switching the films out in less than 10 mins. I litterally just cut out 4 whole maximas, 4 sets of doors for an armada and four for a murano, weeded them, rolled them up and boxed them in 30 mins with my partner. Thats 4 whole cars and 2 sets of sedan windows (in relation) with two people. You said you can cut out one set of sedan doors by yourself in 15 mins. Thats 4 cars an hour minus the back glasses.

Just my 2 cents.

Archived