picky customers who expect "perfection"

I'm sure this topic has come up here before but after reading some of the Horror Stories forum-I just wanted to get some input of how you guys deal with this

first of all-I have never in my close to 20 years of tinting seen a perfect tint job-I have never done one nor have I ever seen one. I've seen great and I feel I've done great jobs-but never perfect

so-I have made it a habit of explaining the process to all my customers and pointing out the small imperfections(ie: dust, dot matrix) that may occur in the job before I even take the car in.

also-if I feel that they are going to be a PITA, I just pass on the job

in the past I have had up to 3 guys working with me in my shop-when the last one finally left-I decided that I would remain a 1 man show and just do 20-25 appts per week. this allows me to pick and choose what I want to do and I don't have to worry about another guys shoddy work coming back for me to fix it(only my own shoddy work-LOL)

so-how do you guys deal with this??

BOB

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm sure this topic has come up here before but after reading some of the Horror Stories forum-I just wanted to get some input of how you guys deal with this

first of all-I have never in my close to 20 years of tinting seen a perfect tint job-I have never done one nor have I ever seen one. I've seen great and I feel I've done great jobs-but never perfect

so-I have made it a habit of explaining the process to all my customers and pointing out the small imperfections(ie: dust, dot matrix) that may occur in the job before I even take the car in.

in the past I have had up to 3 guys working with me in my shop-when the last one finally left-I decided that I would remain a 1 man show and just do 20-25 appts per week. this allows me to pick and choose what I want to do and I don't have to worry about another guys shoddy work coming back for me to fix it(only my own shoddy work-LOL)

BOB

I try not to worry too much about those 1%-ers. If you can show them your human side, 99% of people will be more than happy with the job that is done.

Guest scottydosnntkno

BOB

I try not to worry too much about those 1%-ers. If you can show them your human side, 99% of people will be more than happy with the job that is done.

:lol2

Guest TinterFantic

BOB

That I don't agree with(Dust) why was there dust in your install???,LLumar,solar guard etc don't ship dust in the film so why's it showing on the car of that install

I just had a problem with this last week on one of my cars another shop did ,said it was because the car was old(98) then I find a black magic marker used because the film was cut to short too

In my topic about layers I updated it

I guess you can put me into the 1% of people,if I'm paying top dollar I want tip top work

Dot Matrix is one thing but when I see Dirt and black marker that's not right

BOB

That I don't agree with(Dust) why was there dust in your install???,LLumar,solar guard etc don't ship dust in the film so why's it showing on the car of that install

I just had a problem with this last week on one of my cars another shop did ,said it was because the car was old(98) then I find a black magic marker used because the film was cut to short too

In my topic about layers I updated it

I guess you can put me into the 1% of people,if I'm paying top dollar I want tip top work

Dot Matrix is one thing but when I see Dirt and black marker that's not right

blink.png

We are Humans, and Humans are not perfect in manufacturing or installing any product.........

Bingo. Everybody's installs have a spec here or there of dust. Welcome to life.

I am a true proffesional when it comes to my work. The way I have always delt with the picky customers is to be upfront with your work and even tell them some of the problem areas some glasses have for tinting such as scratched grass messed up window regulators dot matrix, basiclly I cover my bases. And in the end if the customer is still not sattisfied with your work. I tell them to goto another shop any shop and have a better cleaner tint job on this car and I will give them a full refund. And I haven't had to refund 1 yet.

Archived