Working on a Commercial job for my neighbor.

I've tinted the rest of the building and the neighbor has been wanting to get his suite done because the afternoon sun is a killer, the AC can't keep up. They are insulated plate glass windows from what I can tell, no bugs on the corners of the glass. They want some privacy on the break room area on the right so I will probably put the same 20 bronze that the rest of the building has, but on the lobby part I was telling them it might be too reflective on the inside since they are open in the evenings too. So I am looking for preferably a Madico film that will look nice next to a bronze but is lighter and maybe less reflective. Any suggestions?

be78c739.jpg

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Any experience with how reflective the SB341 is when it's dark outside and light inside? It looks on numbers almost 1/2 as reflective compared to the SB221 which is comparable to the suites next to it in 20 solar bronze form SG. I am just worried of not being able to see out in the evenings?

Guest mikeMN
I know nothing of madico films dunno.gif

good answer, since we all dont know cheit on here, except for select few. :lol2

Brian why is It that every site you are on, you more than try to stir up shiat????? :thumb

Why not look into a ceramic film. Higher VLT with greater heat reduction. You can out on, for example, a Geoshield Iris 70, which has minimal color to it, but it reduces over 50% solar. This would leave the windows looking barely tinted and give heat reduction. If it is glare or major heat reduction you are going for, the darker the better, I would suggest a dual reflective, such as Aegis Outlook (you can put a 7% on safely.). It is all in what you need for an end result.

You can use an sb341 (lighter bronze), or go with one of the TSG's, or SG, they are pretty neutral,..... :thumb

Yes, but the SG film is quite reflective for such a low VLT. I have it on my house and you cannot see out of it very well at night. I have dp windows on my office and home, but my office is done with TSG, and its still difficult to see out at night.

Unfortunately, dp glass is already difficult to see out at night as it is without film. If glass has 8% reflectivity by itself, you will double that with two panes of glass, and then whatever the reflectivity of the film is. I would go with TSG335 or SB341. They both have relatively low reflectivity for a metalized film and are both in the 55% TSER range, and will give daytime privacy.

If it was me, I wouldnt bother with a ceramic such as MAC. If you dont plan on using MAC very often, you will most likely lose money on that deal, as the price for MAC is quite high and you HAVE to purchase a full roll. Not to mention, I think the interior reflectivity of MAC3000 and SB341 are similar.

Archived