Matte Finish Film Pictures (XPEL Stealth)

I figured we might get a thread going with before/during/after pictures of cars covered in XPEL Stealth Film (or similar matte finish ppf films) so that everyone has some images to sell from. Check out the black Dodge Challenger we did the other day for our buddies at burnout radio:

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=1899...3839&ref=mf

http://www.autoteknika.com/paint-protectio...l-technologies/

Guest Revolution

Hi Jeff

awesome job, matt wraps are mega at the moment. a question, is it applied wet or dry? may seem a stupid question but at present we wrap cars matt black with vinyl using only dry installation, this idea of using the colour of the car as a base is interesting.

We have done a wet install being that it is the same adhesive as ppf, but it is so hard to screw up an instalation with this stuff that I wouldnt doubt you could do it dry. We will give it a shot and let you know how it goes.

I wanna put this on my car. Black Lexus IS300. No ppf experience. Now how difficult would it be for me to put this on? How do you finish the edges when there's no place to tuck the ends of the film? Cut the edge while it's on the car? Or use a factory edge... And how much would materials cost me? Sorry in advance for the newb questions. I just like to see this product on my car. Thanks.

I wanna put this on my car. Black Lexus IS300. No ppf experience. Now how difficult would it be for me to put this on? How do you finish the edges when there's no place to tuck the ends of the film? Cut the edge while it's on the car? Or use a factory edge... And how much would materials cost me? Sorry in advance for the newb questions. I just like to see this product on my car. Thanks.

Guest drew675

this should really be done by someone in the trade, someone with ALOT of experience. Bulking a whole car not easy. I dont think you would get past a mirror before throwing in the towel, also PPF is not cheap so you dont want to waste it. As far as cost goes im not sure about XPEL but the brand we use is roughly 11$ a linear foot for a 24" roll.

Guest Sidewinder

If you add up all the kits you need on the xpel site you get $5279.70 if I added everything right, plus shipping. Add labor. Not sure how long it would take to do all that but I would think 2 days would seem reasonable book rate for labor. So somewhere near $7,000. Not sure about doing this on a proletariat Dodge, maybe one of those elitist Ferrari guys would take a swing at it?

A friend thought it looked great btw! Me, I am from the wrong generation, so to me the primer look is a confusing fad.

Archived