Auto Alarm Systems

so I came out to go to work and apparently I left my door unlocked. we have had a raash of break ins over the last year.well they got my GPS and phone charger. thank God I had my laptop in the house. When I got this car there wasn't a remote for the stock alarm and remote door locks. I figure there has to be a wealth of knnowledge here for suggestions. should I go the cheaper option and get a new FOB to make the stock system work or go with an upgrade that will give me remote door locks? Is there an alarm system that has a vicinity option where it will unlock when I walk up to the car and lock if I am not close?

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest filmslayer

that sux balz . look in to after market , should be able to find something decent ( depending on of much you want it to ) for a couple hung ...

yeah kinda set my mood for my 2.5 hour commute. All they seem to grab is GPS from the previous grabs. My Sirius radio was sitting right on the dash. I guess it is harder to pawn those. I would love to catch this creep. Last year my stepson was getting the blame until my wife ratted him out for having the hots for the girl whose car got raided.

Yeah and we have two State Troopers that live in the subdivision and one of them is about 4 houses down on the other side of the street. It is one of the upscale neighborhoods and there have been like five others that got the same. I really wish I could catch the little crack monkey and bring the other neighbors out to have a little justice before we hand him over to the trooper.

Guest tint14u
that sux balz . look in to after market , should be able to find something decent ( depending on of much you want it to ) for a couple hung ...

I agree with u slayer for around 2 to 3 hun get one with a fm transmiter on your remote that way keep your remote wit ya at alla times even on the night stand,because when you remote makes that noise grab your noise maker and let them know its the wrong truck to break in. Because they will b back esp. since it was that easy for them. Check out some auto page options they have always worked good for me.Sorry about your loss bro :beer

I agree with u slayer for around 2 to 3 hun get one with a fm transmiter on your remote that way keep your remote wit ya at alla times even on the night stand,because when you remote makes that noise grab your noise maker and let them know its the wrong truck to break in. Because they will b back esp. since it was that easy for them. Check out some auto page options they have always worked good for me.Sorry about your loss bro :beer

Agreed. Pager alarms are the best deterrant. I dont know of an alarm that will lock it when you walk away and unlock when you get close, but alarms can be setup to arm after 30 seconds or so if you dont arm it.

I would consider a Viper/Clifford pager alarm with the addition of a proximity sensor (which can really be a pain in the ass sometimes with false alarms) and bolt locks. The bolt locks will shoot a rod into the door jamb so the door cannot be opened if the alarm is set off, even if the door gets unlocked. They will have to crawl through a window. I would also consider a Piezo (sp?) siren to be placed inside the cab. They put off a numbing disorienting high pitched sound that will make anyone not want to be in the vehicle.

Well you are right that the proper place is in the 12V section, but I went there first and saw the tumbleweeds rolling through the forum and figured taht if nobody had commented in there since May, I may not get any answers. :beer

Archived