Global HP Charcoal

Okay, so thinking of bringing this in. I have heard mixed opinions on certain metallic films...we have shops around here that sell metallic films with no issues, and I would love to offer them for an upsale, esspecially with the increased stats. Does anyone install this religiously and have you noticed interference or any problems related to the films?

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I used global hp for a couple years, the only complaint I had about the film was how it doesn't go over thick defroster and doens't stick to matix worth a shiat. Since switching to suntek hp, Ive had ZERO issues with thick defrosters and actually got the matrix to stick on a 05 cavalier with only using heat, no glue.

stay away from ALL HP lines. they block more heat, but dont last...that goes for johnson, llumar,suntek, and global. I have experienced it on them all.

I know a whole bunch of guys that have been tinting since you were about 6 years old that would disgree with that. The majority of long term tinters, especially shop owners prefer HP films over the 1mil or 1.5 mil dyed films. The reason - reliabilty and longevity.

Guest Pacific Islander

addicted to tint is correct!

also, ALL metal film interferes with radio signals...if you haven't had any problems with it yet...the key word is "yet".

After 20 years of installing metalized film, 4 or 5 customers actually came back with some issues. At the same time, radio antennas in back glass, if I'm correct just started about 10 years ago.

Two weeks ago, customer came back with that problem...2010 Toyota Camry, used Global HP Charcoal, we solved the problem...just removed it, hehe. Anyway, we also looked at the vehicles hand-book, manufacturer notes "DO NOT USE METAL WINDOW TINT"

my two cents.

Guest Tint-Factory Car Shine II

In all my years of tinting, I've only seen metallized film interfere with reception 1 time. The guy lived in the country and said his AM reception wasn't as good. We stripped it and put NR on it.

Guest Darknesswithin
I know a whole bunch of guys that have been tinting since you were about 6 years old that would disgree with that. The majority of long term tinters, especially shop owners prefer HP films over the 1mil or 1.5 mil dyed films. The reason - reliabilty and longevity.

agreed, I simply won't install the 1 mil films! IMO they are not worth putting your name on it! they seem to have no body during installation and become brittle over a short time

I use Hp films, All metal films << my Favorite and select NR Carbon films, everything is 1.5 mil

addicted to tint is correct!

also, ALL metal film interferes with radio signals...if you haven't had any problems with it yet...the key word is "yet".

After 20 years of installing metalized film, 4 or 5 customers actually came back with some issues. At the same time, radio antennas in back glass, if I'm correct just started about 10 years ago.

Two weeks ago, customer came back with that problem...2010 Toyota Camry, used Global HP Charcoal, we solved the problem...just removed it, hehe. Anyway, we also looked at the vehicles hand-book, manufacturer notes "DO NOT USE METAL WINDOW TINT"

my two cents.

I install my all metal film and can remember maybe 2 or 3 over the last 10-12 years that had problems with the Am reception, they stuck with the heat rejection factor and dealt with there fav Am station only working within 15 mi instead of the 25 mi radious they had before tinting, I believe those where Acura's in my case, maybe one was a Toyota,, been awhile!

your right about Yet, because everyone gets those customer's that just gotta have that 1,500 watt station.. :beer

I'm curious about the Global Hp Charcoal, because right now I have it sitting on the back burner not being used,

Guest thatsnappyguy

In the deap south, metalized films, jwf sp,llumar atr, suntek hp,...don't last. Forget interfearace, u can't see out ur back window after 3 years since it looks like someone smeared vasoline across it. I been tinting for ten years so dontbgive me that 20 veteran bs..10 years is long enough to knowbwhat im talking about. Jwf sp is the first to go, sunk hp is second and out of those, atr last longer...but not long enough for their price. I'm not even gonna mention sungard and solar guard. Back to the veteran stuff...I know a lot of "vets" that suck.

Archived