Report Illegal Shops

Guest mahuebel

Guest mahuebel

Anybody have ideas on how to turn in an illegal shop? We are reputable and have an amazing sale that the shop down the street cant hang with so they are selling illegal tint to compete with me and I have customers coming in here quoting what they are charging to do it illegal. This drives me crazy cause its bull. We are in TX so are there any other shops that have ideas? local law? state law? thank for your input.

Guest Darknesswithin
Anybody have ideas on how to turn in an illegal shop? We are reputable and have an amazing sale that the shop down the street cant hang with so they are selling illegal tint to compete with me and I have customers coming in here quoting what they are charging to do it illegal. This drives me crazy cause its bull. We are in TX so are there any other shops that have ideas? local law? state law? thank for your input.

its everywhere mahuebel! and Yes its a problem for those who choose to walk the legal path.

I can't stand it when a customer comes in and ask me to do something illegal, turned one down today in fact!, so I did 3 in house and 1 mobile job today... missed out of that limo on the 2 fronts job :thumb:thumb:drunk:beer:lol

I'm right in the middle of this BS here where I'm at... I've got SOOOO much I want to say about this subject but I'm not going to talk about it right now,

But I will say this........ Pointing the finger or straight out telling on another tint shop or installer is definitely NOT the right way to go about it!

Guest fredstinting

I have a local shop in in my area thats does illegal tinting and everyone of the employees vehicals have the whole windsheild done . I was tinting a cape coral officers personal car few days ago and we started talking about illegal window film . he started telling me about this shop and how he has stop the owners wife for the illegal tinted caddy and the whole windsheild being tinted about 5 or 6 times. I asked what happened to them he said they pay the 89.00 ticket and move on.

Guest Djkyle65

I really dont see your point what does cost have do do with illegal tint? I also dont think "telling on them" is really good idea this isn't grade school. But if its really all about cost which looks like what your problem is here then Maybe You should just work on your strategy point out to the potential customers why your film is better and cost more. Also point out any services that make your film stand above the cheap stuff they are selling.

There are plenty of people here that are willing to pay for good legal work you just have to pitch it Correctly

Guest tintjam65

Report them to TX DPS since the new law in that state has a substantial fine that goes with this type business practice.

I also dont think "telling on them" is really good idea this isn't grade school.

IMO it isn't grade school behavior when reporting someone breaking the laws of the land. If anything its grade school not to. :mad

Guest mahuebel

Price point is not the problem. We are killing them on price point. They have countered my price by selling illegal. Also BTW most cities around us have fines around 175 for illegal tint, and most won't let it be dismissed like they did in the past. Also won't pass the annual vehicle inspection. I normally wouldn't give two sh!ts about what they do, but when I have customers coming because of the bs they are telling people about us and their employees that are quitting and coming to me for a job are filling us in on the bs, it gives me reason to squash them out. I never talk bad about competition, I had been sending at least 3-4 customers a week because we are too busy to accommodate.Nailing them against the wall with the illegal deal is the best way to do it I think...

Guest SIR TINTSALOT

Ever see Goodfellas, you see what happens to snitches?

I don't believe in telling. If your busy like you say you are don't sweat what the other guy does as long as what you are doing is working for you

Ever see Goodfellas, you see what happens to snitches?

I don't believe in telling. If your busy like you say you are don't sweat what the other guy does as long as what you are doing is working for you

snitches are bitches that get stitches.

run your shop and you will win in the end. dont worry about the illegal activities down the road.

Archived