07 Mustang

finishlineautosports

Had a friends dad call me today to R&R an 07 Mustang and I am trying to figure out if I even want to take it on.

How is the BG install on this one?

Do the doors need to have felt added? And if so, can someone kind of give me a step by step on this as I have never seen felt added to any vehicle, so I am curious where and how exactly you guys are doing this since I see it talked about a lot. Also, where is a good place to get the appropriate felt from?

Thanks for the help!

Back glass is pretty straight foward.

And as far as felt, 05-07 Stangs need it. 08-up are good to go. If they want to go OEM, they can go to the dealership and purchase 08-up gaskets and you can chanrge them to install them when you tint it. If youre going to felt them youself, just search. Its been covered MANY times now. :lol2

Yeah after I posted this thread, then of course I found the info on just calling ford and charging for that so that is what I will do. Back window looks flat for the most part online and not sure about the dots but maybe this would be a good vehicle to try out the glue method on?

Yeah after I posted this thread, then of course I found the info on just calling ford and charging for that so that is what I will do. Back window looks flat for the most part online and not sure about the dots but maybe this would be a good vehicle to try out the glue method on?

You wont need glue on any Mustang 05 and up. They dont have the huge patch on top of the back glass. :dunno

To pop the gaskets out of the fronts, remove the cover behind door handle and remove the screw(torx). Then remove 1-2 screws on the very edge of the door and pop the panel up and out. It helps to have the window down before sliding the gaskets out. As for the rear, just pop those loose, nothing to remove.

For applying the felt, I cleaned with alcohol, scored the surface with steel wool and applied. Someone on here mentioned heating them up before applying, I think that would help too.

To pop the gaskets out of the fronts, remove the cover behind door handle and remove the screw(torx). Then remove 1-2 screws on the very edge of the door and pop the panel up and out. It helps to have the window down before sliding the gaskets out. As for the rear, just pop those loose, nothing to remove.

For applying the felt, I cleaned with alcohol, scored the surface with steel wool and applied. Someone on here mentioned heating them up before applying, I think that would help too.

dont add felt to this car go buy the 08 gasket like you said you would do and charge them just as much, either way NEVER ADD MOLE SKIN..."the 08 gaskets have factory felt"

Archived