Than do it yourself

I get a call yesterday am from a construction manager for a chain store up here. He sends us pictures and specs for three different locations where they want to do some film. Every one is real small and a 175 mile round trip from the office. I give him a number to do them all in one day and he says OHHHH how much for just the labor, we have the film. EEECH, there is like 60 sf total for all three spots. Needless to say the film component was a non factor. So he gets the new labor only price and says wow not much difference huh. Fast forward to 4 30 yesterday afternoon when he calls back and says they want to do it and can I do one of the stores 80 miles away and be there at 7 am this morning. WTF. So me being the sucker I am get up at 4 30 leave at 5 , sit in effin traffic and go the 80 miles in 3.5'hours to tint one 64 x 17 inch window. This took a whopping four minutes. Turned around and Drove two hours back. The guy calls me a few minutes ago and says I charged him to much because I was there for less than 15 minutes. I really don't like people anymore.

Think of it this way... if he hired a plumber to come fix a leaky faucet and the plumber said it would be 150.00 and he agreed on the price, the plumber has to hold to that price, now if it takes 15 min. plus travel time or it takes 5 hours to fix, they agreed --the price was 150.00 period....

Archived