Can you tint over stickers?

Hi all, customer wants me to tint over his stickers on his store front. He said, tint over them or tint outside. He just dont want to remove the stickers, this would be my second commercial job, so i dont know how it would work out. Any ideas or tips would help, Thanks.

Guest fredstinting

YES YOU CAN TINT OVER STICKERS. I USE VINYL UNDER TINT FOR DESIGNS IN FILM . JUST LOOK AT THE CONDITION OF THE STICKER AND LET THE CUSTOMER KNOW STICKER GOES BAD YOU WILL NOT COVER WARRANTY OF THE INSTALLATION OR SOMETHING TO THAT MATTER . WHEN YOU TINT OVER A STICKER YOU GET A WATER BEAD AROUND THE EDGE OF THE STICKER NOTHING TO WORRY ABOUT ITS UNIFORMED ALL THE WAY AROUND THE STICKER .

0701001311_0001.jpg

0701001312.jpg

Edited by fredstinting

Hi FBO,

Tinting over the stickers is AOK. Just bear the following in mind:

If the sticker is excessively thick and/or close to an edge, it could cause a finger to develop post installation. Make sure the edges are locked before you leave the job site. Also, you can expect the sticker to make or leave some kind of an impression on the film due to differential exposure to visible light in that area.

Glare Cut = PS.

Let me throw in the usual cautions regarding double pane glass. If it is DP and the customer needs dark, give me a call to discuss your options (which will include Delta 10).

-Howard