2011 Super Duty

finishlineautosports

Guest thatsnappyguy
i like just pulling the whole panel as its so easy. Two screws on the bottom, two screws under the cover under the grab handle. pop off the mirror cover and lift up. Seriously a 30 second panel.

That's 29 more seconds than it takes me to yank it out.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have one of these to do tommorow and came across this thread. Why would u pull panels when the gasket comes right out real easy? Might be a newb question but ive done an 06 roll ups and i cant see any advantage to pullin the whole panel.

Guest fredstinting
I got a pair of rollups (front doors) to do tomorrow and havent checked the gasket but wondering if you guys are tucking these, pulling door panel or what? The customer will be present so I don't want to be investigating like I haven't seen one before.

why wast the time pulling gaskets just tuck them if need. i belive there just like the 2010 or older you didn't have to tuck the gasket or remove the gasket they are short enough that they didn't touch the film when installing . if the bottom of the film is touching the gasket then your leaving to much of a gap at the top of the window .

Guest scottydosnntkno
I got a pair of rollups (front doors) to do tomorrow and havent checked the gasket but wondering if you guys are tucking these, pulling door panel or what? The customer will be present so I don't want to be investigating like I haven't seen one before.

why wast the time pulling gaskets just tuck them if need. i belive there just like the 2010 or older you didn't have to tuck the gasket or remove the gasket they are short enough that they didn't touch the film when installing . if the bottom of the film is touching the gasket then your leaving to much of a gap at the top of the window .

if you tuck the film below the gasket it'll never peel on you :poke

plus, who installs film where you can see the bottom edge of it :poke

Guest scottydosnntkno
I always tuck no matter what but why pull panels like some guys are doing on this truck? And its so easy to pull the gasket out why would you leave the tint above the seal? Sorry for the newb questions

I pull the panels since its so easy to do :lol four screws pop off the triangle and lift up. makes it easier to put it back together after tint without messing up the film. i can't count how many times trying to slide the gasket in behind a panel i messed up the film before

I always tuck no matter what but why pull panels like some guys are doing on this truck? And its so easy to pull the gasket out why would you leave the tint above the seal? Sorry for the newb questions

I pull the panels since its so easy to do :lol four screws pop off the triangle and lift up. makes it easier to put it back together after tint without messing up the film. i can't count how many times trying to slide the gasket in behind a panel i messed up the film before

Then you should learn how to put them back in right! Spray the bottom of the seal with your solution and it slides back in in seconds! The new models are just as easy!

Archived