2006 530I Trim removal

Reflect

Hi all,

I have a 530i which I need to replace the wood grain trim on the drivers rear door and apparently I need to remove the door trim to do this as the woodgrain is held in by a could screws/nuts.

Anyone have any tips on removing the whole door trim on these?

Cheers

Dave

Here's a partial picture of the door trim I need to replace the wood grain trim on.

DSC08215.jpg

I managed to pop the door trim off slightly but it feels like theres a screw or something holding it on around the wood grain trim or door release handle.

Guest SIR TINTSALOT

just get a plastic push stick and every few inches or so put it behind it and press a little at a time. They just pop off, just be gentle though

Guest tint325i

theres 2 little phillips screws with plastic caps, one at the front of the door and one at the bottom, take these out and then pop out all the clips all the way round the panel, including along the top, this pull the panel up and it will slide off, you will see a big black square clip left on the door (this is what the panel slid up off of) remove this from door and fit back to back of panel before refitting

Guest tint325i
just get a plastic push stick and every few inches or so put it behind it and press a little at a time. They just pop off, just be gentle though

not on the e60 5 series they don't, he's right they are held on from the back with little 6-7mm nuts, looks similar to e90 3 series and X3 which do just pop off

Guest tint325i

AND............. thats the early e60 model door trim in the picture, somwhere between 2003 and 2007 or so, after that the doors are different and have a long horizontal wood trim that just pops off

Guest tint325i

no like i say, its 2 little phillips then unclip all the way round and lift up, then disconnect cable from door handle and electrics, you'll see the little nuts holding the woodgrain on from the inside

Archived