new 2011 M3 coupe

jttint1

I've tried everything with this back glass 2 mil 1.5 mil 1 mil and the same thing every time peanuts in the defroster lines. I even tried using probond along the lines. If you could give me a run down on your steps for this, or if you had a similar issue and could shed some light on this it'd be much appreciated.

I did an install on a 2011 328ix (4 door) last week & no issues like that what so ever. Back glass was the easiest glass on the car ha. What film are you using? Are you wet checking after your dry shrink? How are you cleaning the glass & with what?

Guest Crackz
I like em covered

:lol2...I think they should be covered...I think any back glass what doesnt have the 3rd brake light covered look cheap in my opinion...but that may be just me. :thumb

I agree I only cut them when custy ask for it

I swear im about ready to just turn these damn M3's away..The backglass is super easy to shrink but every one ive done has at least 10 huge puckers come up on the defrosters..Did one today and scrubbed the fool out of it, then steel wool'd it then scrubbed again and had 3 five inch puckers and at least 8 smaller ones not to mention that i had to glue the dots twice and set it in the sun and baby it for the next 1.5 hrs..Finally got it where i was mostly satisified but man what a pain...Can't be just me having this problem :lol

There i feel a little better :blink:

I swear im about ready to just turn these damn M3's away..The backglass is super easy to shrink but every one ive done has at least 10 huge puckers come up on the defrosters..Did one today and scrubbed the fool out of it, then steel wool'd it then scrubbed again and had 3 five inch puckers and at least 8 smaller ones not to mention that i had to glue the dots twice and set it in the sun and baby it for the next 1.5 hrs..Finally got it where i was mostly satisified but man what a pain...Can't be just me having this problem :beer

There i feel a little better :spit

What film you using micro-edge?

I swear im about ready to just turn these damn M3's away..The backglass is super easy to shrink but every one ive done has at least 10 huge puckers come up on the defrosters..Did one today and scrubbed the fool out of it, then steel wool'd it then scrubbed again and had 3 five inch puckers and at least 8 smaller ones not to mention that i had to glue the dots twice and set it in the sun and baby it for the next 1.5 hrs..Finally got it where i was mostly satisified but man what a pain...Can't be just me having this problem :dunno

Suntek

Guest CZtint
I swear im about ready to just turn these damn M3's away..The backglass is super easy to shrink but every one ive done has at least 10 huge puckers come up on the defrosters..Did one today and scrubbed the fool out of it, then steel wool'd it then scrubbed again and had 3 five inch puckers and at least 8 smaller ones not to mention that i had to glue the dots twice and set it in the sun and baby it for the next 1.5 hrs..Finally got it where i was mostly satisified but man what a pain...Can't be just me having this problem :lol

Suntek

Must be something you are doing wrong, I also use Suntek and all is ok, altough side fingers can be dealth with by heating glass and just going over them with paper wrapped hard card inside, but its pain to do as its 2 door, are you using H method to shrink it? might be that, I do only middle line and have no problems.

Archived