Gluing Dots Question

Just have a quick question about gluing dots on BG's...

A car I recently did, I used glue on the dots after hang drying, but after I squeegeed it all and looked from outside, there were still silver/light patches like if I had not used glue but it was in areas that the glue should have easily covered.

Did I just not use enough glue? When I hardcard it up to the top, glue comes out the top of the tint so I thought maybe it was too much?

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the way i do dot matrix BG now is to go over that area of the glass really well with steel wool. Then i will do the BG in 2 pieces making my cut at the 3rd or 4th row of dots. This way you can hang a small piece that has not been shrunk much if any. for some reason film seem to stick to the dots alot better if the film has not been shrunk, but that also makes it much easier to remove if the piece does not stick. Thats just how i deal with dot matrix, but to each his own right.

wow....I don't hang dry then glue....i glue when wet.....

So maybe I am doing it wrong then. I have only had to use glue twice and the first attempt I left everything wet, glued and it didn't seem right since it seemed the water just kind of washed away the glue, then I hung dry and put strip of glue and then squeegeed up...I don't know what the right way is here which is why I started this thread before I run into having to do this again and can be happy with my results.

Archived