Gluing Dots Question

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest filmslayer

i haven't , but TA taught me to peel it down and heat the chit outta it then press down with a wrapped hard card . i believe this dries all the moisture out preventing the rust ...

Anyone ever had the dots rust after sanding? I used to sand the dots on Beetles but noticed the dots were orange from rusting.

Only time i have ever seen rusting is from steel wool residue.

Last time I checked....sand doesn't rust. :poke:lol

Guest sbankard
Anyone ever had the dots rust after sanding? I used to sand the dots on Beetles but noticed the dots were orange from rusting.

Only time i have ever seen rusting is from steel wool residue.

Last time I checked....sand doesn't rust. :loser:poke

Its not the sand that rust, the dot matricks are made from iron. When the surface is scratched off it exposes the iron. The iron and slip solution cause the rust.

Guest traceythetinter

GLUE SUCKS!!!!! best method is to scuff with sandpaper,and use a product called IPS weld-on.IT'S a water like adhesive.Turns out perfect everytime,with no mess.product #IPS2354..1-800-474-3688...you guys owe me dearly,for telling my secret!!

Guest 4 114M4
GLUE SUCKS!!!!! best method is to scuff with sandpaper,and use a product called IPS weld-on.IT'S a water like adhesive.Turns out perfect everytime,with no mess.product #IPS2354..1-800-474-3688...you guys owe me dearly,for telling my secret!!

how hard is that stuff to remove if you ever have to do an R&R?

Guest traceythetinter

how hard is that stuff to remove if you ever have to do an R&R?

tint comes off easy.It's not a hard base adhesive,so just use any type of adhesive remover!!

Archived