Dropping LuLu CDF

Guest Retnitorp
I tried spraying 90% x-100 and 10% water, corners still pulled back... I'm not a baby sitter so I like to hang it, get it on and go to the next....I get alot of 1 or 2 window jobs so, Im not there long enough to watch it curl back, and I sure as hell hate getting a call the next day saying the film it peeling....make ME look like a jackass.

you could use the X-100 at 100% and it still will only prep the glass so far, as it will not make the CDF more sticky, but when used just to prep or clean the edge of the glass before installing a CDF film typ that X-100 can not be used as the mounting solution, it will be of help in that kind of situation.

Keep this in mind, when installing any film and you do Not use any soap at all, just strait up water for an install, you will Not remove as much water from under the film, as you would have with useing just a small amount of soap added to the water. :twocents

There are a few other things that can be done to help with this curling issue they have with this typ of film, but that would be for them to figure out, i would think that this issue is happening because of how and when the film is being made, as well as how it is being installed. :dunno

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Having some experience in film coating and converting, why is it so hard for LuLu to change from rolling their film backwards to the "correct" way? Like everyone else does?

Doesn't make any sense!

Also, it takes about 3rd grade level smarts to see that if you have film that curls away from the window(i.e. the way it comes on the core) that it's not going to stick well at corners/edges when hung on the window... One reason why I use anyone but LuLu for flat glass!

:thumb M

Not to be argumentative, but at least one poster here believes that Enterlogic is such a game changer that we can all go home now.

Wonder if he has actually installed it?

Not sure if you were referring to me or not,

But,I have actually installed it personally.

And I never said that it was going to be a huge game changer.

In fact, I don't think I commented negatively or positively on the product itself.

I'm just glad to be forewarned and share other's experience of manufacture's telling me that I'm the first/only to report such issues.

Saves a lot of time to not have to try baby sitting a film with bad adhesive by trying every slip solution strategy and variation imaginable.

Guest beachtint
Im tired of this film rolling back off the glass....Doesnt matter how much X100 I use, the stuff wont stick in the corners. To make it even better, the solution I got from then was to use clear nail polish to hold it down :lol2 seriously, thats the best you have for me? So, I guess Ill be calling Howard at EWF to see what he has for me. I have not had a problem with their auto film, yet, but we will see in the future.

I have the same problem lulu films what is ewf

Kling, you have to be the stupidest person on the planet !

You have been told you are not wanted here, we don't care to have you here, to leave, and you do not get the message.

If you had a even a fragment of a brain, you would get the message, but to continue posting here just shows me your total lack of stupidity !

Oh, all that clicking you hear ?

That is the folks here placing you on ignore !

Archived