Vinyl on matrix

Newbie question :blink: So for those who vinyl the real bad matrix vehicles do you put the vinyl on outside or inside? Ive always put it on the outside but decided i would try it on the inside of a mustang today and to me it looked like poo from the outside, still silverish looking..looked great from the inside but i doubt ill do anymore interior unless i can get a better outcome.. So which way do you do it or did i miss something? i installed it nearly dry when i put it in and it stuck really good to the dots but didnt look good outside :lol2

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Darknesswithin

tell ya what I have a older mustang coming in and he's already asked that I use the black out instead of tint to cover the top, I'll take a few snap shots for ya :thumb

I only do this dry because of the simple fact that when you do it wet you have to hope all the moister drys out completely and most of the time it don't leaving white circles around the dots.

still doing it wet is not a wrong way of doing it, I just prefer the dry install :lol2

Guest Darknesswithin
Jay the problem with splicing it is, that both the film and vinyl will shrink. So in time you will end up have a light line where you made your splice

:gasp

Jay the problem with splicing it is, that both the film and vinyl will shrink. So in time you will end up have a light line where you made your splice

Agreed, but short term it does look really nice . I am hoping cast vinyl will last longer than that style of Mustang, but I am sure someone will prove me wrong, and have it for 10 years. HAHA. I found with the mustangs, there is no easy answer. Tried it all , and vinyl does look best, but some customers still hate it , and just want it cut off at the matrix, or the glue trick, or to just push it up and learn to live with it.

Archived