The Spokane Shop (Tinting BMW)

We had this customer drop off a nice but not brand new BMW, it think it was like 92 or 95 2dr. The guy was really cool, asked how long it would take and made sure over and over again for us not to rush the job... Said take the whole time in the world, I just want a good job!!! Well, no problem mr. customer, i have done tons of these. Nothing new!!! Well after like 30 min the guy calls asking how things are going? Well, just pulling it in. I told him! Well he calls again in another 30 min... just wanting to know how things are going.. he made sure that we won't rush and we can take all of the time in the world. lol at this time i started freaking out.... I mean what the heck, I GOT IT... I"M TAKING MY TIME.... well he just kept calling and calling...

2dr, frame-less glass. This time i nothing to grab so i could trick the door thinking it's closed and pop up the window all the way out... so I reached into my tool belt and grabbed a black opaque pen... I stuck it in the door and that worked great... up until one person walked by and slammed the door!!! "BOOM", Yep, you guessed it!!!!! the black ink was on the pain, on the door panel on the cream white leather seat.... DO I NEED TO SAY MORE??? this is funny now... then i pulled my hair off my chest .lol

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So what did the guy do? :popcorn

:bmw

thats worth a kick in the balls for sure

Yes, it would have been easier for me to get the kick in the balls....lol Well, i tried to clean it up... that took like 3 hours.... then everything i cleaned was way cleaner then the rest of the car... So finally i called the customer and asked him to come to the shop. Then i told him word for word what happened. He said not a single word... He made me detail the whole thing which i was planning on doing anyway... and then he didn't want to pay for the tint...

isn't that the bmw where you just poke an angle card into the door latch on the body :popcorn

did one last week.... easy peasy :lol6

Yes, that's the one... I wonder what people use for jamming that down... I used to use a bone tool, that sucks... any suggestions?

Archived