Tint Laws for Commercial Vehicles...

Guest ridiculous

Guest ridiculous

ok, i was just wondering if ya'll knew what the laws were/or where i could find them regarding tinting on a commercial vehicle (i.e. semi truck, pickup registered as commercial vehicle, etc.)

got a guy wanting his windows tinted, its a dodge ram extended cab, and he claims he cant have any darker than 70% because he's registered as a commercial vehicle. i think he may have been mis-informed.

i did a google search and i even went to the nebraska unicameral website. i found the laws on the unicameral website regarding passenger vehicles but i can't seem to find squat on commercial vehicles.

perhaps the same ruls apply, but i wanna make sure before continuing..

thanks guys!

Guest eliminatethis

we had DOT and a FL trooper in here because of a towing company that had got in there cross hairs. There enforcing commercial laws on any truck with a GVW of 9000lb or more . that meant the roll ups could not even have 70 on them if the glass had any factory tint, and all factory AC trucks have color in the glass we had to retint all there 3/4 and 1 ton trucks with 90 to pass the officers inspection

70% on the front doors is right for any vehicle that is DOT.. We tinted a dodge truck a couple years ago that got pulled over and ticketed for tint on the front doors. We removed the film and the guy got the ticket dismissed. It doesnt matter if its a Big Rig, or just a Dodge truck, IF you see DOT on the vehicle then dont tint the fronts :thumb

70% on the front doors is right for any vehicle that is DOT.. We tinted a dodge truck a couple years ago that got pulled over and ticketed for tint on the front doors. We removed the film and the guy got the ticket dismissed. It doesnt matter if its a Big Rig, or just a Dodge truck, IF you see DOT on the vehicle then dont tint the fronts :thumb

No chit mdog i thought dot allowed 35% on side windows. Thanks for the heads up

Guest eliminatethis
70% on the front doors is right for any vehicle that is DOT.. We tinted a dodge truck a couple years ago that got pulled over and ticketed for tint on the front doors. We removed the film and the guy got the ticket dismissed. It doesn't matter if its a Big Rig, or just a Dodge truck, IF you see DOT on the vehicle then don't tint the fronts :)

state boys and dot came in our shop and said dot laws apply to and vehicle with a GVW of 9000lb or more Even privet family trucks. and they would not allow 70 on dot because it metered under 70 with the color in the glass

state boys and dot came in our shop and said dot laws apply to and vehicle with a GVW of 9000lb or more Even privet family trucks. and they would not allow 70 on dot because it metered under 70 with the color in the glass
:rollin yep.. the 70 basically means you cant put ANYTHING on the glass because its right around that clear from the get go anything added will drop it below 70. oddly enough you can tint the back (everything behind you) as dark as you want it.

Archived