1984 Corvette

pbalentine

I have probably tinted 100 or more C4 vetts. I always pulled the shocks off first, filmed in 3 pcs.one side first then the middle, seamed on the first defroster line. Cut the overlap. Repeat on the other side. Film the doors then go back and cut the holes for the struts

, that's what i said... lol

I have done a couple in 1 piece but prefer to do them in three, I leave the shocks on but remove the latch, I cut and shrink the middle piece then cut around the holes and shrink the side pieces. I also butt splice and seam on the first defroster line on each side.

What a fucken nightmare....2 1/2 hours, 75 miles round trip and I couldn't do it. I had everything shrunk, but once I installed one of the side pieces it fingered like whore near the shock. Even if I could of layed the filmed, i would of fought like 20 peanuts along the defroster. It also didn't help having this guy and his wife sit in chairs to watch, as if I puting on some f***ing show.

Luckily the guy was never their and his neighbors opened the garage to let me work on it. I told them to tell the owner to take your shiat to a shop a pay up.

As far as people watching me now, you can't watch! You wanna watch then it gonna cost you more!

I could of pulled it off w/o the shock, but im still adding this with 911/944's, old Cutlass, for cars I do not tint. Id rather wait 5 extra minutes for the next custy to call with a easy car. Oh yea, I hate Chevy/Gm even more now, the corvette and camaro suck!!!

I do these in one piece, and the shrink is difficult, but no harder than a camaro IMHO. the thing is , you have to remove the shocks . No way around it that I know of if you want to one piece it. Ohh , and if you have never tinted a vette, be aware the custy's can be real A-holes. LOL

These are one piece all day! I take the shocks off and i have a hook attached to the ceiling with a thin rope so when you take off the trunk attachment in the bottom middle and run a rope through the hole to hold up the glass when you install! I take the outside button from the shocks, with the film still on the glass put it back in the hole and cut the right size hole so it fits when you install! You still may have to trim alittle with your knife because the way the shocks turn! :D

I do these in one piece, and the shrink is difficult, but no harder than a camaro IMHO. the thing is , you have to remove the shocks . No way around it that I know of if you want to one piece it. Ohh , and if you have never tinted a vette, be aware the custy's can be real A-holes. LOL

:boogie who are you kidding. I don't think i have ever tinted a vette for someone who wasn't a picky azz. :lol2

But sorry to hear you DNF the vette. Don't mark it off your list just keep trying they are really not that bad. :thumb

Archived