The local best buy

:thumb

I guess LL told them cutting the film is the hard part.

maybe so, but is ll still in with tinttek?

no , i think they have their own system , called precision cut, it may be based on tinttek 20/20 though.

I was told they are being trained without plotters - or precision cut. So take 20 guys at a group training and how many do you think make it?

We're no Navy Seals but it ain't easy or everyone would be doing it!

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hell, might as well get them into flat glass too geniuses.

They have not been all that reputable these past few years. Really , since the shake up, things have gotten really weird. For example where i am they came in and my sales rep told me , " I have some good news for you. I think I have sold the local auto group here on our in house program , and all 7 dealerships are going to be using it. " So I said whats the good news for me ? and he looks at me and says , "well hopefully they are not as well experienced short term , and you can train them and get the excess cars . " If you really want to know about LLumar /Solutia , Just read the Wiki page on solutia and see all the nasty business deals they have been involved in over the years. It sucks because I am a LLumar dealer, and I must say I love their product, Its just a damn shame they are getting so quick to cut all their loyal dealers throats for a few bucks . Its great you made this site Ric so we can get the word out on what a tint shop should be. People who give great service, quality installs , with quality materials, and stand behind their craftsmanship 100%. Thats what this should be about, not quarterly earnings and market segmentation.

IN other words....They have no fucvking idea what they are doing :dunno

IF you mean LLumar/Solutia , they have a damn good idea of what they are doing. They are going straight to the source and trying to squeeze profit anywhere they can find it. If you mean best buy, yeah they are totally clueless right now. But who knows ? Took some of the guys on here 30 years to find success in small business, and it could be gone in 3-5 years if some of the mannys have their way . :thumb

:bingo

I guess LL told them cutting the film is the hard part.

maybe so, but is ll still in with tinttek?

no , i think they have their own system , called precision cut, it may be based on tinttek 20/20 though.

I was told they are being trained without plotters - or precision cut. So take 20 guys at a group training and how many do you think make it?

We're no Navy Seals but it ain't easy or everyone would be doing it!

Speak for yourself... I did my time at Coronado... Would never do it again.. lol.. now I'm an 80% disabled Veteran through the VA.. But i tint too! lol

Guest Malcolm E Boo

They have not been all that reputable these past few years. Really , since the shake up, things have gotten really weird. For example where i am they came in and my sales rep told me , " I have some good news for you. I think I have sold the local auto group here on our in house program , and all 7 dealerships are going to be using it. " So I said whats the good news for me ? and he looks at me and says , "well hopefully they are not as well experienced short term , and you can train them and get the excess cars . " If you really want to know about LLumar /Solutia , Just read the Wiki page on solutia and see all the nasty business deals they have been involved in over the years. It sucks because I am a LLumar dealer, and I must say I love their product, Its just a damn shame they are getting so quick to cut all their loyal dealers throats for a few bucks . Its great you made this site Ric so we can get the word out on what a tint shop should be. People who give great service, quality installs , with quality materials, and stand behind their craftsmanship 100%. Thats what this should be about, not quarterly earnings and market segmentation.

IN other words....They have no fucvking idea what they are doing :sorry

:twocents

They are going to hire some minimum wage kids and hack the crap out of some cars.

Can you imagine the damaged cars and lawsuits soon to come on a nation level.

How utterly short sighted can a supposedly reputable window film company be?

oh they know they are covered, they will hire a dude to come 'train' the installers for a day. then things will go badly when the hard cars start coming

heck ya, we'll come with our geek squad gay cars, beetles (that our installers couldnt figure out how to tint) and our vans, install your tv and surround sound and tint your windows all in one day for only 2999.99

and honeslty i thought this may be a fun opportunity for me to tint at BB, though im sure the one in town will not be adding a bay for it, and i figured they couldnt pay me what i make now, and i now i know at 189..... psh

i hope they get it now so i can go in and mess with them

BB would rather get .10$ from 10 customers than 1.00 from 1 customer. They know that traffic throu the doors will create after sell opportunities.

same as walmart, every time every person goes in there you get more than what you went in for

Archived