Why I love the plotter

My brother has a 42in graphtec plotter he got off ebay, been collecting dust for a year..what else is needed just a program? Me and my bro work seperately but maybe we could split the program charge, isn't it like a montly billing around $150 bux? It would be more of an inconvience for my patterns but im tired of hand cutting everything!!

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My brother has a 42in graphtec plotter he got off ebay, been collecting dust for a year..what else is needed just a program? Me and my bro work seperately but maybe we could split the program charge, isn't it like a montly billing around $150 bux? It would be more of an inconvience for my patterns but im tired of hand cutting everything!!

Depends from software to software. See if your film distributor has any god options for you.

Guest TintWhips
4/5 of an H3 on 4" of film

:lol Wow....four inches huh? Tinting a dinky car? :poke:lol

I was wondering if it was a toy car(4") :hmmm, I understand the typo...Plotters are great with saving film and cutting time down.

i'm very impressed with precision cut. use it all the time. if a top edge isn't perfect then i just slide it up, shave it, then slide it down to micro-edge it. :thumb that's very rare though.

I agree the patterns were fine but didn't like the software, I'm still toying with it trying to figure everything out.

What I don't like is no preview of the pattern or of the preloaded graphics. Have to click on each one too see it, just little things I'm used too with Film Designs. The auto nest isn't that great so I just move them around until I like it. Like I said I'm still toying with it maybe some different settings to choose from, I need to call and ask some questions. I've been making a list. :thumb

Archived