Name That Car

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
man that looks like a fun BG :thumb Did you do that in or out of the car? Either way it looks like a tough one, but on a car like that I'm sure they got the :boogie

Out of the car. Took two days to finally decide to do it in 2 pieces.

still looks good i'm sure, and if it can't be done it just can't be done. Worst old BG I remember doing was a 55 belair in 1 piece.

Did it out of the car while it was being restored. Took about an hour and a half to shrink. took me 3 try's to shrink it to were i was happy with it.

Custy pick's it up to put it back in the car after it get's painted. Guess what while at the paint shop being worked on. The window got primer overspray all over the film while it was just setting about.

Custy bring's window back and get's pissed because I charged him to strip and retint it. He thought i would just do it for free since it wasn't a really big window? Go figure :lol2

Not to mention even having to do it twice he still got that window tinted in 1 piece for less then 2 bills :dunno

Mine didnt turn out as good as I wanted it to. There were some creases, and one spot where I over shrunk the film to where it would not lay down. This car was a from a guy with a shop a few doors down from me, so he wasnt picky. He sat in a chair for 4 hours smoking cigarettes watching me attempt to do the bg, and he was happy with it. Tragically, the old man passed away only a week after finishing that car. Died in his shop from an anuerism (sp?). He was retired and tinkered with cars...that car was his last one.

Man thats terrible Sry to hear that. RIP

On the BG i know just what you mean. I once did the front window's on an airstream camper that were curved way more then i thought i could ever shrink.

They too had a few small creases and imperfection in the film, but it still looked better then having a seam right throught the middle of it. Tell you what that dam window was like trying to tint half a fish bowl :boogie

But once i got the first one in 1 piece I knew i could do the other 1. Thank god that the only time i ever had to tint a set of those windows. They are a real PITA :dunno

Archived