The Law??? Alberta / Canada

Guest lowdwnsteve

Guest lowdwnsteve

From up North - thought I'd post here as well as the "Canadian Forum"

So I'm starting out- want to be just as a hobby really - I have a dozen cars / trucks under my belt-- want to keep it to just eve's and sat/sun ... my day job pays respectfully.

I'm just word of mouth and am just amazed at the work I have lined up! all my custy's know I'm not setup with proper business license / Insurance yet etc.etc...and all are just payin cash - no receipt..

so far it's been going great (knock on wood).. someone see's my work and wants there's tinted too etc etc...

I'm set up to just work out of my garage and do mobile (just as long as custy has heated garage)..

I've been getting alot of people wanting just the front roll ups done..

Now we all know this is illegal.. and the customers know that it's illegal too but still insist they want tint on the sides and "say" they will take responsibility..

so my question is--- am I Liable at all? for instance-- if some one was like "oh so and so tinted it and said it was ok" or whatever--

can any of this come back on me?

as I said before, I'm just doing this as a hobby and for fun and extra cash etc..

what you guys think?

I have every intention on getting licensed and liablity insurance if I keep gettin calls for jobs for sure...- but that is a totally different and unrelated at this time to my front side window's issue...

Guest windowpimp

I'm from Alberta too,, you are liable,, but with no receipt invoice it would be hard for them to nail it on you... onlike retail shops that issue invoices.... i know of shops that have been charged because the police had copys of invoices... and charged the shops... some of the shops have tried to fight it in court, but waste of time.....

unlikely the way your running.....

I'm from Alberta too,, you are liable,, but with no receipt invoice it would be hard for them to nail it on you... onlike retail shops that issue invoices.... i know of shops that have been charged because the police had copys of invoices... and charged the shops... some of the shops have tried to fight it in court, but waste of time.....

unlikely the way your running.....

heresy and circumstantial at most.

Archived