Work Area Lighting

So since I am still a noob, I am tinting out of my home garage (not having contamination issues), but it's about 25' wide x 30' deep and I have the regular bulbs in the garage and then added five 4' flourescent light fixtures with dual bulbs on each fixture and it is just not enough lighting....Cars look flawless in garage, pull outside and see things I couldn't see in the garage.

Any tips on what to use for better lighting?

Guest tintpro2007
So since I am still a noob, I am tinting out of my home garage (not having contamination issues), but it's about 25' wide x 30' deep and I have the regular bulbs in the garage and then added five 4' flourescent light fixtures with dual bulbs on each fixture and it is just not enough lighting....Cars look flawless in garage, pull outside and see things I couldn't see in the garage.

Any tips on what to use for better lighting?

You said your not having contamination issues, so what exactly do you mean by flaws? And what film are you using?

keep a drop light inside the car while you are tinting and you will see just how much dust you are missing. I bet you $100 you will be able to turn out cleaner work just by having more light inside the car to see if your windows are clean. :thumb

Also try to keep air flow as low as possible. Just a slight breeze can keep massive amounts of dust in the air that you can't even see.

Try this and i'm sure you will see cleaner work. :beer

Guest tintpro2007

If possible put 1 or 2 on each wall parallel to the sides of the car, then you are getting light from every angle possible, just as the sun does for you outside :thumb

If possible put 1 or 2 on each wall parallel to the sides of the car, then you are getting light from every angle possible, just as the sun does for you outside :money

I personally do not like lights on the sides....makes a blinding light to me most of the time. My ideal lighting has been 4 dual bulb, 8 foot daylight with one above the doors and one across each end of the vehicle. A light directly over the vehicle is blinding when trying to cut the doors to me as well....

Guest accent
get a couple high output fluorescent fixtures installed, I have them in my garage and they were night and day from standard fluorescents.

I just ordered 8 t5 high output fixtures that hold 6 bulbs for the new shop im doing. Its gonna be bright as hell with no dark spots or shadows, but that all came with a hefty price!!

Archived