Xpel Training Courses

i have booked my course Apr 25th-29th.

Will let you know how it turns out.

Best of luck Dustin :beer

I hope you got the ppf classes where you are doing hands on. Three days of watching only seems like overkill :twocents Might have not understood what you were saying so I'm going to check the website.

Stay in touch

Stan

Stan,

according to how they set it up, the entire course is a full 4 days of hands on PPF training, and the last day is installing in their shop on cars!

i am hoping to save up enough money this year off just doing hobby PPF to make it down to your tint course thie fall, then maybe next summer i can be tinting AND PPF!

Thanks Dustin

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

People put too much faith in training courses. At best they teach you the most basic install practices. Even the best one won't tell you most of what you need to know. The only way to truly learn is to blow through a couple rolls on your own experimenting and ask other installers. I've honestly learned more from Speed for free than paying for 2 separate training classes. Use training courses to be official, use trail and error and us to learn how to install.

People put too much faith in training courses. At best they teach you the most basic install practices. Even the best one won't tell you most of what you need to know. The only way to truly learn is to blow through a couple rolls on your own experimenting and ask other installers. I've honestly learned more from Speed for free than paying for 2 separate training classes. Use training courses to be official, use trail and error and us to learn how to install.

have to start somewhere!

have to start somewhere!

Dustin sounds like a good program set up that way. Trial and error are all fine and dandy when learning to tint if you can get used to banging your head against a wall :D

Guest texasPPF

I agree with this!! I've done two cars and already feel comfy with the install process!!! I undertook training to gain knowledge about film characteristics and learn some basics kinda felt the install would come with experience. But, I expected to learn about the plotter and software..NOTHING about either in the "training" I attended!!!

Maybe you should have tried an advanced class rather than the noob one if you already had experience. I've done training at Xpel and 3M and both beginning classes are set up like you don't know a thing before you go in there. If you had experience you'd just be bored. As far as the plotter, you could just give Mike @ Xpel a call. He not only walks you through everything, he even takes your computer over and sets it up for you. (Hide your p0rn) Once your plotter is set up, you don't have to touch it unless you use different films. Those can all be saved under a setting.

Guest texasPPF

If this was directed to me...I was...am a newb!! Prior to going to my "Training" I had zero previous PPF experience!!!! And, I made no mention of where I attended a class - company or otherwise!! But, thanks for your input!!

Maybe you should have tried an advanced class rather than the noob one if you already had experience. I've done training at Xpel and 3M and both beginning classes are set up like you don't know a thing before you go in there. If you had experience you'd just be bored. As far as the plotter, you could just give Mike @ Xpel a call. He not only walks you through everything, he even takes your computer over and sets it up for you. (Hide your p0rn) Once your plotter is set up, you don't have to touch it unless you use different films. Those can all be saved under a setting.

If this was directed to me...I was...am a newb!! Prior to going to my "Training" I had zero previous PPF experience!!!! And, I made no mention of where I attended a class - company or otherwise!! But, thanks for your input!!

People would have to be pretty thick in the head to not realize where you went for training :bingo

Guest Bad Boy Tinting

You can save yourself a lot of money by just watching a couple of videos off youtube. I have been doing PPF for over 6 years, never took a course. It is very simple to do. :bingo

You can save yourself a lot of money by just watching a couple of videos off youtube. I have been doing PPF for over 6 years, never took a course. It is very simple to do. :beer

competing with other installers in my city that are "certified" is also one of my reasons to go for training, just doing a customer survey as of now people say they will more trusted with a "certified" installer.

Thanks.

Dustin

Archived